Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stars $500k hand w/TP against another big stack (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373150)

HoldingFolding 11-06-2005 11:11 PM

Re: Stars $500k hand w/TP against another big stack

[ QUOTE ]
So a CB means an A? Okey-dokey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also mentioned pocket pairs...

My point is opponent is not scared, and given we're approaching the bubble and since most people do not play the bubble like MLG I give greater credence to the probability of a made hand, that's not afraid of that board. I also think that if villain views Lloyd as aggressive he knows he will not be able to get him to lay down - this to me also makes a fush draw less likely.

Lloyd 11-06-2005 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that if villain views Lloyd as aggressive he knows he will not be able to get him to lay down - this to me also makes a fush draw less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember, I said that I had been a little aggressive but not overly so. So I definitely don't think he's putting me on complete trash here.

Lloyd 11-06-2005 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll definately tell you this, it is close and one of those hands where it defines the whole tournament for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

KingDan 11-07-2005 12:14 AM

I'd call.

People like to jam AK/AQ preflop. I think a lag would reraise you with 77...

Getting 2-1 I call.

How does your answer change if this was rainbow?

11-07-2005 12:41 AM

As many other posters have said, he seems to be bullying or on a flush draw. If he has a set of 7s or a better Ace, why the raise? Most good players would call there and hope for another bet on the turn. His reraise all-in looks to be a semi-bluff, but it's still a sticky situation. I call here the majority of the time, and your read on him is so important.

I want to also add that threads like this are why I check this site 10+ times a day. Thank you everyone for what you post, even if it's not popular. There is so much to think about, and 2+2 helps me learn tons!

CALL! (and tell us what happened)

11-07-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As many other posters have said, he seems to be bullying or on a flush draw. If he has a set of 7s or a better Ace, why the raise? Most good players would call there and hope for another bet on the turn. His reraise all-in looks to be a semi-bluff, but it's still a sticky situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why good players push with 77.

11-07-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As many other posters have said, he seems to be bullying or on a flush draw. If he has a set of 7s or a better Ace, why the raise? Most good players would call there and hope for another bet on the turn. His reraise all-in looks to be a semi-bluff, but it's still a sticky situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the reverse reverse psychology? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is why good players push with 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

kuro 11-07-2005 01:38 AM

I think you're probably stuck calling getting 2:1.

The bigger question is that if you're stuck calling should you have ever bet the flop in the first place.

Lloyd 11-07-2005 03:22 AM

I called. Getting 2 to 1 odds I thought that the possibility he was on a flush or had something like A9s gave me more than enough equity. He had AK and I didn't improve.

11-07-2005 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I called. Getting 2 to 1 odds I thought that the possibility he was on a flush or had something like A9s gave me more than enough equity. He had AK and I didn't improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think AK was in his range? Do you think he played it well?