Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Drinking 10 Duvels in 1 hr (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358731)

gulebjorn 10-16-2005 07:15 AM

Drinking 10 Duvels in 1 hr

A friend of mine opened a bar a few months ago. Some guy wanted to prove to his friends that he could drink 10 duvels in one hour. (Duvel = 8.5 vol % alc, 33 cl).

He drank 8. Watch what happened after that. Video has been edited because the last 4 or so took too long.

My buddy now made a few newspapers because the video has like 50.000 downloads and counting...

Evan 10-16-2005 07:49 AM

Re: Drinking 10 Duvels in 1 hr

Jesus, how big are those glasses? They look huge.

gulebjorn 10-16-2005 07:58 AM

1/2L, if you fill it to the top. The beer is 0.33L.

Los Feliz Slim 10-16-2005 08:28 AM

I stopped watching when it looked like it was starting to come back out his nose. But anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

spamuell 10-16-2005 08:42 AM

anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

How much is it, in units of alcohol? It doesn't sound like *that* much to me. 3.3 litres of 8.5% is like just over half a litre of vodka - which is yeah, a lot to drink in an hour, but I wouldn't say insane, I mean people quite frequently do that and don't throw up.

Los Feliz Slim 10-16-2005 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone with half a brain wouldn't try and drink that much strong beer in an hour, that's insane.

How much is it, in units of alcohol? It doesn't sound like *that* much to me. 3.3 litres of 8.5% is like just over half a litre of vodka - which is yeah, a lot to drink in an hour, but I wouldn't say insane, I mean people quite frequently do that and don't throw up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, all I know is that this type of beer (anything like Duvel, Chimay, etc) kicks my ass up and down the block whenever I drink it. Two large bottles of Chimay over a couple of hours makes me feel crappy the next day, and Duvel is stronger, so 10 in an hour would ruin me.

Evan 10-16-2005 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Drinking that much alcohol in vodka is orders of magnitude easier than in beer. I've never had one, but those things look pretty thick. Imagine trying to drink half a bottle of vodka is you had to mix it with a milkshake.

DougOzzzz 10-16-2005 08:53 AM

10 duvels in 1 hour = 17 "regular" 5% beers.
Or about 1 750 ml bottle of vodka.

gulebjorn 10-16-2005 08:59 AM

The foam on that stuff is the real problem. Duvel bottles actually explode in the case, if you handle it too rough. I would estimate that 0.33L of Duvel could easily produce 1L of foam.

Also, do you call it foam? What is that stuff on top of the beer?

Evan 10-16-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The foam on that stuff is the real problem. Duvel bottles actually explode in the case, if you handle it too rough. I would estimate that 0.33L of Duvel could easily produce 1L of foam.

Also, do you call it foam? What is that stuff on top of the beer?

[/ QUOTE ]
head