Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I Can't Believe the Results of this Poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=280429)

TimM 06-25-2005 08:46 PM

Re: I Can\'t Believe the Results of this Poll

[ QUOTE ]
100 Grand DOLLARS

[/ QUOTE ]

100 grand = $100,000. Adding "dollars" at the end is redundant.

SpearsBritney 06-25-2005 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Later, he offered her $5,000, Gill said.

"I said I wanted $95,000 more," she said. "Nobody would watch and listen for two hours for a candy bar."

Yeah, but they're offering $5k... a lot of people would listen for two hours for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they would. But what if someone quit their job, or went on a huge spending spree because of the money promised? There are alot of problems with what they did, which is why it's illegal. Did they do it with malicious intent? No. They probably didn't even realize the potential problems one could get themselves into, but the radio station should not be let off the hook.

Alobar 06-25-2005 08:56 PM

anyone who goes on a spenging spree before they get the actual money is incredibly stupid.

SpearsBritney 06-25-2005 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone who goes on a spenging spree before they get the actual money is incredibly stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but unfortunately this world is chock-full of incredibly stupid people.

scotty34 06-25-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate greedy bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted she has a case in this poll. The poll question does not ask whether the station owes her $100K. It asks whether or not she has a case, which she certainly does. This is outright deception, whether it was with malicious intent or a simple joke. I do no blame her one bit for wanting to take action against this station, and I certainly can understand why 70% of the people agree with this. I do not think this is "greedy." The point where I disagree however, is that once she was offered $5000, that should have sufficed as compensation for her troubles.

mostsmooth 06-25-2005 09:19 PM

does anybody know if opie and anthony got sued for this very same bit like 5 years ago?

SpearsBritney 06-25-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate greedy bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted she has a case in this poll. The poll question does not ask whether the station owes her $100K. It asks whether or not she has a case, which she certainly does. This is outright deception, whether it was with malicious intent or a simple joke. I do no blame her one bit for wanting to take action against this station, and I certainly can understand why 70% of the people agree with this. I do not think this is "greedy." The point where I disagree however, is that once she was offered $5000, that should have sufficed as compensation for her troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a court should have to decide that though. If it were me, I would probably take the greedy road to. I don't think $5000 quite covers this situation. Someone could have easily gone on a $5000 endorphin-induced shopping spree.

JoshuaD 06-25-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate greedy bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you made a 100 grand bet with some dude and won, and then he tried giving you a candy bar, would you accept $5000 for your trouble?

Tron 06-25-2005 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100 Grand DOLLARS

[/ QUOTE ]

100 grand = $100,000. Adding "dollars" at the end is redundant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 100 Grand = Candy Bar... The woman made an incorrect assumption and got taught a free lesson... Then they offered to teach her the lesson and give her $5,000, and she's still pissed!

tbach24 06-25-2005 09:31 PM

There must be more information about this. If they printed somewhere that it was a candy bar or did not specify about which is was but always said "100 Grand" as opposed to "100 thousand" or "100k" or whatever then they shouldn't have to pay anything. I think giving 5k is nice though.

That said, I'd be [censored] pissed.