Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WSoP ME Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296957)

Philuva 07-20-2005 04:48 PM

WSoP ME Hand

This hand occured half way through Level 2 with blinds at 50 - 100.

A VERY loose aggro girl who was been playing 40-50% of the pots is the villan in this hand. Her standard play was to call (a limp or a raise) preflop, call a flop bet and then raise the turn. Every time she had position on her opponent and did this play, her opponent folded.

She has only shown a hand down twice. Both times she was out of of position. Once she bet the turn and river after it was checked through on the flop and she showed K high. The other time the same thing and she showed top set.

She had built up her stack to 16,000 or so by getting a lot of the tighties at my table to lay down their hands. I think my image is pretty tight as I have played only a few pots, but I have not showed down a hand yet.

I have about 10,000 to start this hand.

She calls the big blind of 100 in first position. Folded to me and I raise with AK suited to 500. Folded back to her and she calls. I know she has two cards now. Pot is 1,150.

The flop is A86 rainbow. She checks and I bet 900. She calls after saying "900?". (She is also from Denmark) Pot is now 2,950.

Turn is a K completing rainbow. She checks again and I bet 1,500. She fiddles with her chips for a little while and raises 2,500 more. I have about 7,100 left and the pot is now 8,450.

What is your play from here on out?

-Phil

kyro 07-20-2005 04:51 PM

Re: WSoP ME Hand

Mull over it and toss your chips in dejectedly so she'll push in on the river [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

TheTimeIsUp 07-20-2005 04:52 PM

I think a push is fine here. There aren't many draws on the board, and if you call you will half your stack committed. If she knows anything, she will know something is fishy. POOSH!

MLG 07-20-2005 04:52 PM

call, and call the river bet that's coming.

durron597 07-20-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd 07-20-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34 07-20-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think a push sucks. She's not folding a set, but may, may fold a weaker 2-pair if you push.

If she pushes the river, I'd hate it, but probably call.

I actually kind of like checking through the turn as well. I guess that's on my mind as I've been reading HOH vol. 2, but this certainly looks like a situation where there aren't any apparent draws, and checking through is going to very, very likely result in a river bet from her, regardless of what falls. Might have been another way to play it.

Philuva 07-20-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually kind of like checking through the turn as well. I guess that's on my mind as I've been reading HOH vol. 2, but this certainly looks like a situation where there aren't any apparent draws, and checking through is going to very, very likely result in a river bet from her, regardless of what falls. Might have been another way to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against anyone else at the table that is how I would have played it, but against her, I thought getting more money in the pot was the best line.

SossMan 07-20-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how lloyd phrased it

nolanfan34 07-20-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against anyone else at the table that is how I would have played it, but against her, I thought getting more money in the pot was the best line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, if she'll call you with a weak ace, then I agree.