Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Comparing sites? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404255)

Womble 12-23-2005 07:31 PM

Comparing sites?

Need a confidence boost so this post may have little content.

I have been mixing up my SH play over various sites recently. Hasnt gone well as I have dropped over 150BB [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] but how do these compare?

Stars $2/4
Party $3/6
Crypto £1/2

I have found that they probably rank in that order and my results show this as i have lost the most at the crypto rooms. I may have to drop back down to $1/2 to improve my game a bit but i did quite well at stars until I lost 25BB when it went 3 handed and heads up [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. The games were very similar to party $1/2 but with one tag at the table that i avoided.

I think I may be bluffing too much at the cryptos, it works sometimes and it may be slightly profitable but it is adding HUGE variance to my game which I dont like (900 hands and down 100BB)

Should I claim the crypto bonuses and improve my game or stick with stars $2/4? Or even drop down to $1/2 at party? I would like to play stars $2/4 in the new year for the VPP but the crypto bonuses are SOOOO tempting!

12-23-2005 07:34 PM

Re: Comparing sites?

Hope you don't play the £ games on crypto, max rake is £3 not $3. They have a $2/4 game ...

12-23-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hope you don't play the £ games on crypto, max rake is £3 not $3. They have a $2/4 game ...

[/ QUOTE ]

While the game is 1-2 pounds rake is not important

12-23-2005 08:23 PM

What is your Vol.Put.$ In The Pot?

scotty34 12-23-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? yes it is - a £3 max rake is almost the same as a $6 max rake. Say the pot reaches £20 (~$40) they would rake £2 (~$4). Playing $2/$4 and the pot reaches $40 they would take a rake of $3.

Womble 12-23-2005 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your Vol.Put.$ In The Pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

20-21%

12-23-2005 08:44 PM

Never seen 3pounds rake on 1-2 limit shorthanded game

krishanleong 12-23-2005 08:47 PM

The way to compare games at different sites is to compate avg VP$IP And PFR with looser passiver games being better over tighter more agressive games regardless of limit.

Krishan

scotty34 12-23-2005 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never seen 3pounds rake on 1-2 limit shorthanded game

[/ QUOTE ]

have you seen 2?

RunDownHouse 12-23-2005 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we just take that on faith, or what?

oxymoron 12-23-2005 11:01 PM

Yes the rake is higher but the play is so much worse that it compensates for the rake. Most americans on the site are tight bonus whores and most of the lb tables have europeans that like to gambooool. There are still dummies on the $ tables but more on the lb ones.

12-23-2005 11:30 PM

Not to hijack the thread, but I have a question in the same vein that probably doesn't merit its own thread:

I'd like to start playing 5/10 shortly, and I'm wondering whether to play at Party or Stars. I moved to Stars to play 2/4 6-max, and I've stayed there for 3/6 because of the lower rakes and because I like the site better. The thing is, I remember reading in the "Dear Lee Jones" thread a comparison between the Party rakes and the Star rakes, and the rakes were lower at PokerStars at every single level. However, the percentage difference got smaller each level as you went up. If I recall correctly, the difference at 5/10 was like 17%.

So I was wondering how much softer the games are at Party, if at all. If the rake at Stars would be ~1.5 BB/100, and the rake at Party would be ~1.75 BB/100, it really wouldn't take that many extra mistakes by my opponents to compensate for the higher rake.

Any opinions? I don't have any, ahem, special arrangements at Party, but since I left they keep sending me emails telling me I'm a VIP. Thanks in advance!

12-24-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we just take that on faith, or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 5-7bb/100 is pretty sustainable at Crypto £1/£2.

True

RunDownHouse 12-24-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes the rake is higher but the play is so much worse that it compensates for the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, but really I was trying to prod whatever idiot made the comment to expand, in the (probably vain) hopes of forming a habit.

Aside from that, I have a hard time believing that Crypto is that much worse than Party that such a rake difference can be overcome. Remember, we aren't talking about the absolute value of the rake, but the relative value. If we equate 1L/2L Crypto with Party 3/6, and Crypto has a rake capped at 3L, that's still 1.5-2x as much rake as Party. If you think that your winrate can be proportionally higher at Crypto over Party, please let me know, and I'll make an account ASAP.

Jake (The Snake) 12-24-2005 01:39 AM

While we are on the subject, I am trying to determine whether it is more profitable for me to be playing on Party or Stars (3/6 sh).

I have determined that in order for playing at Party to be correct, my BB/100 needs to be about .5 more at Party.

Any opinions on whether the difference is that big? I think it might be, but I really don't know.

Jake (The Snake) 12-24-2005 01:43 AM

whoa crap i missed your post dude, looks like we have a similar question.

i only play 3/6 right now but i should have a role for 5/10 soon as well. it looks like the stars vip program + difference in rake at the 3/6 level is overcome by something around a (.5)BB/100 difference. so if party is (.5)BB/100 more profitable, it is still better to play there.