Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Running out of time (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301366)

Ponks 07-26-2005 11:29 PM

Running out of time

So there is this really hot girl in my summer school class, incredibly hot. 9.75/10, sorry no pics, wish I did, worthless, I know. All year I've been looking for chances to talk to her, but I am kinda shy, and there hasn't been much chances. We've been in the same work group before, but we've only done this 2-3 times all year and we've always talked some during that. Mostly about school, work, and classes. During our 15 minute break we receive she always goes outside to talk on the phone, hopefully not to a boyfriend, and we sometimes make passing comments, but I've never been able to talk to her during this break because of the lack of opportunities. Our eye contact has been really good and I do think she is interested in me, possibly really interested, although possibly only somewhat, I am terrible at telling. She sits directly behind me in the front of the class, we've both always just sat where we did on the first day of class.

Anyways, tomorrow is the final exam, and I suspect I'll finish before her. Am I already outta luck in trying to get anything going here? What's my play, I have nothing to lose really, but I'd rather not embarass myself.

I've tried to include all the info I think is important, but if you need more to make a good decision, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Ponks

Pocket Trips 07-26-2005 11:37 PM

Re: Running out of time

OMG What is it with college kids today??

Do ANY of you ever get laid????

Just talk to the damn girl already!!!!!

It doesn't matter much what you say really.. Either she will be into you or not but you will never know unless you open your damn mouth!!!!

DemonDeac 07-26-2005 11:39 PM

just ask her if she wants to get something to eat after you both finish the exam.

Ponks 07-26-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG What is it with college kids today??

Do ANY of you ever get laid????

Just talk to the damn girl already!!!!!

It doesn't matter much what you say really.. Either she will be into you or not but you will never know unless you open your damn mouth!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well I have talked to her, I just havent had many opportunities to talk to her.

Ponks

Ponks 07-26-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just ask her if she wants to get something to eat after you both finish the exam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably my best bet, I hope she finishes fast as I'd hate to have to wait around for a while. I just hope she gets there before class starts.

Ponks

nothumb 07-26-2005 11:47 PM

Probably your best move is to tell her your dear maternal grandmother died and hope for a pity lay.

NT

Ponks 07-26-2005 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably your best move is to tell her your dear maternal grandmother died and hope for a pity lay.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, probably right.

Ponks

Ponks 07-26-2005 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, probably right. I'm not just looking to hook up with her though.

Ponks

DemonDeac 07-26-2005 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is probably my best bet, I hope she finishes fast as I'd hate to have to wait around for a while. I just hope she gets there before class starts.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone does. just ask her if shes ready for the exam while she reviews her notes last minute. make a joke. ease the tension not only of u asking her to eat but of the exam. then ask her

astroglide 07-27-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah, probably right. I'm not just looking to hook up with her though.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you're not the type to hit and run, but i think it's more likely you've already dreamed up some kind of fantasy relationship with her already. this means your chances are nil unless she was fiercely molested or some such thing.

kurosh 07-27-2005 12:21 AM

Anytime there's the slightest opportunity to talk, say this to her:
"Hey, this might seem a little weird, but I think you're really pretty and I want to get to know you better. I would be very sad if summer school ended and I never saw you again. Do you want to hang out or even just talk online sometime?"

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:22 AM

Wow, I can tell you need some help.

I say wait around for her and ask if she wants to go get some coffee or food or whatever. The key is don't look like a chump. Don't make it seem like you are trying to buy her attention. You are asking her to eat so you are gonna have to pay BUT if she offers to pay for herself LET HER!!! THIS IS KEY!!! I don't care what anyone says after me, this is key. If you insist on paying she is going to see it was you trying to buy her attention BAD BAD BAD.

If you do actually get this girls #, I can tell you are going to [censored] it up, sorry. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT kiss this girls ass or call her all the time or any of that mess. Treat her like you grew up with her.

There is plenty of info on the net that will help your game, you just have to want to learn.

nothumb 07-27-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hey, this might seem a little weird, but I think you're really pretty and I want to get to know you better. I would be very sad if summer school ended and I never saw you again. Do you want to hang out or even just talk online sometime?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just say, "Hey, I'm a computer nerd with no game, and I've been too chickens.hit to say anything to you all semester so... do you think... sorry, I'll just keep spanking to my fantasies about you. Sorry."

NT

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could just say, "Hey, I'm a computer nerd with no game, and I've been too chickens.hit to say anything to you all semester so... do you think... sorry, I'll just keep spanking to my fantasies about you. Sorry."

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice translation. It's pretty close. It depends how hot this chick is and how ugly OP is.

kurosh 07-27-2005 12:27 AM

When he has no time left, there really isn't any other option.

MarkL444 07-27-2005 12:29 AM

wake up early. if youre late you may be screwed.

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but saying "this may seem a little weird" makes you seem unsure of yourself. Chicks dig confidence.

Saying to her "It would be a shame if you never got to talk to me again" would be better as long as you aren't creepy.

Mentioning talking online is AWFUL hahaha

Edit: Saying she is pretty is bad too. It usually comes off as creepy.

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice translation. It's pretty close. It depends how hot this chick is and how ugly OP is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you guys are acting like I haven't made any attempts to talk to her. I'd consider myself pretty far from a comp nerd, but I do not have much game when it comes to girls. I just don't try that often I guess.

My pic is somewhere in the RL pics, lemme see if I can dig it up. I wouldn't consider myself really good looking, but I don't think I'm ugly. Not sure how old this one is, but now I've got a pretty good tan from the summer.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...reendragon.jpg

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but saying "this may seem a little weird" makes you seem unsure of yourself. Chicks dig confidence.

Saying to her "It would be a shame if you never got to talk to me again" would be better as long as you aren't creepy.

Mentioning talking online is AWFUL hahaha

Edit: Saying she is pretty is bad too. It usually comes off as creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my limited experience, I would have to say I agree with all this here too.

Ponks

kurosh 07-27-2005 12:40 AM

Yeah, that's true. I didn't think it all the way through. That was the first thing that came to mind. I thought maybe talking online if she didn't want to go hang out with you somewhere but that's a bad idea now that I do think about it.

Regardless, the best approach is a direct one.

kipin 07-27-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

YourFoxyGrandma 07-27-2005 12:42 AM

Ask her out.

Seriously though. It sounds as if you don't need advice as much as moral support; you know what needs to be done, you just don't want to do it for fear of rejection. Just go up to her and say, "Hey, you seem aiight. Wanna get some coffee this weekend?" afterwhich, she'll answer you. You should be able to handle things from there.

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I'm pretty skinny.

Ponks

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:45 AM

If I have the chance to grab some food or do something with her tomorrow should I invite her up to Milwaukee with me? Some buddies and I are having a kegger up at a buddies place this weekend (we live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.) You think this is a bad or good idea? Would probably be about an hour car ride.

Ponks

nothumb 07-27-2005 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I have the chance to grab some food or do something with her tomorrow should I invite her up to Milwaukee with me? Some buddies and I are having a kegger up at a buddies place this weekend (we live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago.) You think this is a bad or good idea? Would probably be about an hour car ride.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. Long car ride with a near stranger to a testosterone-fueled bender = not that appealing to most chicks.

NT

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. Long car ride with a near stranger to a testosterone-fueled bender = not that appealing to most chicks.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, well that sucks. If I can't do that, this means I really should try to make some plans to do something Saturday night then, yes?

Ponks

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

It's a little too soon. She may not party at all. Lots of things could go wrong. You do want to mention that you are doing that though, she will see that you actually have a life. Which is good. Hell she might even ask if she can go, it would be ok to take her then.

DemonDeac 07-27-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

bad. u barely know her. thats creepy IMO. wait til u guys talkon a more consistent basis

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Damn, well that sucks. If I can't do that, this means I really should try to make some plans to do something Saturday night then, yes?

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but be original. Key is to not make it a date but two people out having fun.

Ponks 07-27-2005 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She will see that you actually have a life

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you guys are killing me here. Do you just automatically assume no one has a life here?

[ QUOTE ]
She may not party at all

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this may be true but I think otherwise. I remember in class her saying that her guy friends can drink a lot, so she must atleast be with them.

[ QUOTE ]

You do want to mention that you are doing that though

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, good point.

[ QUOTE ]
Hell she might even ask if she can go

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so!

Ponks

siccjay 07-27-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you guys are killing me here. Do you just automatically assume no one has a life here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you didn't have a life. You did the same thing with my other post thinking I called you ugly. You even posted a pic. Chill.

I was just saying, showing her you are a busy guy is a good thing.

Ponks 07-27-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you didn't have a life. You did the same thing with my other post thinking I called you ugly. You even posted a pic. Chill.

I was just saying, showing her you are a busy guy is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, I didnt take any offense at all. If you read my reply it's more a general reply then something about me, atleast that's how I intended it. I'm rather mellow and stuff like that doesn't affect me. I just thought it was funny that you would post that.

Ponks

bugstud 07-27-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

well gee, most of the forum plays many hands a day and sit here and post a lot....

yeah, be sure not to get hands in...avatar pwnage will be good

Ponks 07-27-2005 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

well gee, most of the forum plays many hands a day and sit here and post a lot....

yeah, be sure not to get hands in...avatar pwnage will be good

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, I'm still at the same as I was a week and a half ago. Pathetic and I'm going to be really busy over these next few days :/

Be nice to my avatar.

Ponks

dcasper70 07-27-2005 06:22 AM

What is OOT coming to?????
33 responses already!!!!

DAMMIT GUYS,

SIIHP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arnfinn Madsen 07-27-2005 06:31 AM

Fundamental advice: If you just talk to her or pay attention to her in situations where it feels natural, she is never going to notice that you are interested in her. You have to do something out of the ordinary routine. Get her phone number or just approach her and invite her for dinner. Say that you have reserved tables already, so she knows you are no chickenshit college boy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Punker 07-27-2005 06:47 AM

No offense, but you have no chance unless she's incredibly hot for you (which it doesn't sound like she is).

From my own miserable experience, one of the surest ways to not get a girl is to sort of tangentally know her for an extended period, then come up to her in the manner described. It reeks of "I've been fantasizing about you for months, and have finally screwed up the balls to finally tell you", which I have found few women to find a particularly attractive vibe to send.

DasLeben 07-27-2005 06:58 AM

Don't even bother. She has a boyfriend. And yes, they are very happy together. Not happy enough to keep her from screwing with your head though.

oneeye13 07-27-2005 07:21 AM

ask her if she wants to cut class to take a rectal exam. if she ditches a final exam for you to SIIHP, she definitely digs you.

Eurotrash 07-27-2005 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig your veins.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, that's excellent vascularity right there.