Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Running out of time (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301366)

Ponks 07-27-2005 03:17 PM

Re: Running out of time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The "I'm going to grab a bite to eat/a drink at ____, you should stop by" line is best. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This to me reeks of insincerity and insecurity. Have the confidence to put yourself out there a little bit. Show some interest and show that you are secure enough to be a little vulnerable.

This statement makes it seem like you could care less. If I liked someone I would be insulted. I would want them to care a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked in Office Space though and he got Jennifer Aniston.

Ponks

TheMainEvent 07-27-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be funny if you did this and she ended up hooking up with one of your buddies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it would be a funny bus ride home for her too.

meep_42 07-27-2005 03:18 PM

Re: RESULTS? BETS?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Ponks is probably at the test right now. Any predictions?

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't speak to her, for whatever reason. If he does, she has a boyfriend. I hope to be proved wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!

-d

Bluffoon 07-27-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The "I'm going to grab a bite to eat/a drink at ____, you should stop by" line is best. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This to me reeks of insincerity and insecurity. Have the confidence to put yourself out there a little bit. Show some interest and show that you are secure enough to be a little vulnerable.

This statement makes it seem like you could care less. If I liked someone I would be insulted. I would want them to care a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked in Office Space though and he got Jennifer Aniston.

Ponks

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a girlfriend so I can't but I'd like every single guy on this board to try this line on a cute girl in the next twenty four hours and report back on whether it works or not.

It would be an interesting experiment.

Oh I see things didn't work out. The funny thing about rejection is that once you get rejected a few times you see its not so bad and after a while its like "shrug" next?!....
Dont sweat it and embrace rejection it is your friend.

JinX11 07-27-2005 03:25 PM

Re: Ahhh

Another defeat for OOT.

Where's the moderator????

Lady Dont Tekno 07-27-2005 03:29 PM

Ouch. Well if you're school has thefacebook.com use that and let the stalking begin.

LDT

John McEnroe 07-27-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the hairlip.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hairlip"? That doesn't even make sense. It's harelip.

It's not so much a misspelling as it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the meaning and origins of the word. Also, good god, this gimmick account is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

JESUS!!!

You are a COMPLETE FAILURE!!!

Not funny in the SLIGHTEST!

Now shut the [censored] up and leave you worthless piece of [censored]!

That ball was OUT!

2planka 07-27-2005 03:31 PM

Tough Love from KT

Ponks,

Next semester you must chat up every chick you think you possibly might want to tag at some point. And you must start right away. Make your intentions clear. Carpet bomb the coeds. Sheer volume should land you some tail.

Worst case you look like a dork. So worst case is pretty much where you are right now.

Human beings are social creatures. Human beings of college age are very social creatures, with the added bonus that college age humans are also very horny creatures.

Seems like you idealize chicks you find interesting. This creates a cluster [censored] in your guts. You think somehow that her acceptance/rejection matters in the grand scheme.

You're in college, dude. See it and hit it. Rinse and repeat. No strings attached.

chaas4747 07-27-2005 03:32 PM

Good job.

JinX11 07-27-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Tough Love from KT

[ QUOTE ]
Ponks,

Next semester you must chat up every chick you think you possibly might want to tag at some point. And you must start right away. Make your intentions clear. Carpet bomb the coeds. Sheer volume should land you some tail.

Worst case you look like a dork. So worst case is pretty much where you are right now.

Human beings are social creatures. Human beings of college age are very social creatures, with the added bonus that college age humans are also very horny creatures.

Seems like you idealize chicks you find interesting. This creates a cluster [censored] in your guts. You think somehow that her acceptance/rejection matters in the grand scheme.

You're in college, dude. See it and hit it. Rinse and repeat. No strings attached.

[/ QUOTE ]

And wear your striped shirt....