Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (LC) How many SNGs do you guys play a month? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404920)

Sykes 12-25-2005 06:13 AM

(LC) How many SNGs do you guys play a month?

And at what level?

Also, How do you guys know when to move up?
Is it when your bankroll hits a certain level?
When you beat a level at a certain ROI%?

I'm thinking of putting in 1000 Sngs a month along with 20K hands a month starting in Jan of 2006. Is 1000 enough?

applejuicekid 12-25-2005 07:11 AM

Re: (LC) How many SNGs do you guys play a month?

I would be happy if I could actually get in 1000 a month. I play the 55s and probably get in around 500 to 800 a month.

I have no idea when to move up as I have only done so once, and it was when my bankroll reached 100 buy ins for the 55s. My bankroll has been more than sufficient to play the 109s for a while now, but moving up doesn't feel right. I'm not happy with my game right now, and will move up when I feel I have improved significantly.

I wouldn't move up based on my ROI nor would I not move up cuz my ROI is low. Bankroll and comfort level are more important in my opinion.

chisness 12-25-2005 08:33 AM

I think most full time pros like to put in 20-25 hours a week. Your # of games will be at least that, so I'd say it's definitely enough.

12-25-2005 11:35 AM

I shoot for 800 sng's a month at the $55's for now. I move up when I have beaten the $55's for a good ROI over 2000+ tournaments and am confident I can beat the $109s. My bankroll is big enough already.

curtains 12-26-2005 12:13 AM

Im going to try to play close to 1000 a month now with 10 tabling in sets for 3 hours per day. At some point I may even decide to play more, but we will see..

Sykes 12-26-2005 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im going to try to play close to 1000 a month now with 10 tabling in sets for 3 hours per day. At some point I may even decide to play more, but we will see..

[/ QUOTE ]

Another question:

How many Sngs ($11) would I have to play to reach the top of the Party TLB? Also, I hear #1 on the list gets 5K, true or not?

Also, How do I get 300 views and only 4 replies? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Snarf 12-26-2005 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, How do I get 300 views and only 4 replies? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about how you guys structure your (semi) pro-SnG life style. ... but that is YEARS away for me if ever...
The difference between the volume youguys are talking about and my volume is laughable - so I just read...

I'm probably not alone?

Hendricks433 12-26-2005 12:49 AM

I thought that use to be a ton but when you start adding alot of tables youll be suprised by how many games you get in.

Snarf 12-26-2005 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that use to be a ton but when you start adding alot of tables youll be suprised by how many games you get in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how you get there multi-tablin' it...

but my game needs enough work I try to keep it to 1-3 tables.

I can four table, but my game suffers enough its not worth it.

Mr_J 12-26-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many Sngs ($11) would I have to play to reach the top of the Party TLB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many for you to play. Why would you spend more than a couple of hundred sngs at the $11s anyway?