Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=297687)

People_Mover 07-22-2005 10:28 AM

Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

Marc - Age 24 - Central Florida. Currently shopping for engagement ring for love of my life. Poker is hobby. Consider myself a good amateur, far from pro. Real Estate is my real income.

Been playing live for 2.5 years.
Online for 1 year.

Best accomplishment 5th of 1712 in $5.00 MTT
Best Donk 1st in chips in 30+3 (2000 entrants) with 16 to go, finished 16th.

2005 stats: Up $179.00 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Superfluous Man 07-22-2005 10:32 AM

How old are you?

Where do you live? Fairfax, VA (strong Northern VA presence on these boards). Will be Charlottesville, VA in a couple of weeks.

Are you married? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Children?
No to all of them, thanks to subconsciously sabotaging relationships and wearing rubbers.

Occupation besides poker?
Programmer for 2 weeks. Then graduate student.

If studying, what and where?
Computer Science at the University of Virginia.

Favorite movie?
Pulp Fiction. Maybe Bad Santa for best comedy.

Best poker acomplishment? How long been playing?
In the 2 years I've been playing online (which is about when I actually started playing "seriously," i.e. with a modicum of knowledge about what I was doing and why I was doing it), it's gotta be the 2nd I took in a 'stars $55 mtt, worth somewhere around $2500.

If you look hard enough, you can probably find pictures of me from my appearance on Jeopardy. I look like the guy who's about to throw up. If I ever get a digital camera or have someone take a decent photo of me with one, I'll put it somewhere.

bugstud 07-22-2005 10:33 AM

ooooh best donk. Mine's a tie between my ME experience, losing 2 HU coinflips in the 200k's and going from de facto chipleader in the stars 100 rebuy with 20 left to out 19th. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

A_PLUS 07-22-2005 10:49 AM

Best donk....

300+ person 100$ UB MTT

I am runaway chip leader with 2 tables left. I think 2nd place has about 1/3 of my stack. I could fold until well into the final table and be in comfortable position.

I finished 17th.

transmitt 07-22-2005 11:17 AM

31 years old (nov 4)
-Allentown PA, Philly native
-Married, no children
-Work in corporate finance
-Undergrad in accounting, MBA in Finance from Purdue
-Favorite movies (in no order) Good Fellas, Heat, Last Samurai, 25th Hour
-Best poker accomplishment is finishing 6th in party's WSOP satellite (5 get seats) and not throwing my laptop out the window at 5:30 AM. Cashed at a live B&M (final table-117 people)

Swede 07-22-2005 11:36 AM

32 yo living in Stockholm
Single thus happy
Dealer in stamps/coins
Favourite movie: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Best poker acomplishment: yet to come(playing for ~ 9 months)
Other interests: Pool, Backgammon, Chess

Very Best, John

Rooger 07-22-2005 11:54 AM

I'm 21 years old.
I live in Copenhagen, where I study medicine full-time, so poker is only a hobby.
I started playing poker in some home games around 2 years ago - been playing online for 4 months or so.
Biggest achievement was a 1st place in a 10$ MTT with 150 entrants.

DireWolf 07-22-2005 12:15 PM

im 19 years old
live in providence RI, though i just moved there
have had a girlfriend for 2 years
not to much else work, just a student right now
studying econ/math at Colby College in Maine.
Favorite Movie: undecided, Johnny Tsunami maybe
Best Poker achievements: Two seconds in Party Supers, though one was on wed., 3 10 buyin wins

reecelights 07-22-2005 12:25 PM

Spee,

Have you by chance been on Televised poker in the last few months?

If so, welcome. If not, welcome anyway. I enjoyed your post, and it's a nice reminder that you don't have to place first and win a balizzion dollars to still enjoy this game.

Me:
-I'm 34
-Engaged, getting married Oct. 21, just bought our first house
-I'm a lighting designer and prodcution manager for a non-profit theatre just north of Philadelphia.
-I'm partial to A Few Good Men, Rear Window, It's A Wonderful Life, anything Star Wars, and recently a little independant film with Vince Vaughn, Monica Potter and Joey Lauren Adams called A Cool Dry Place.
-Best poker achievement is to stick with it, actually study the game, and become profitable after starting down over $450 in the first month I played in Feb. '04. (Finished 7th in a Party $5/1 with 1900 people and 4th in a PL$30/3 with about 60). Still working on the MTT game as I play mostly SNGs.

07-22-2005 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best donk....

I am runaway chip leader with 2 tables left.

I finished 17th.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Ah feel yur pain!"

Earlier this week I was 2nd with 5 left. Me and first had huge chip leads over the other 3. What do I do? Foolishly get in too deep head up with #1-san and get shown the door in 5th, a mistake potentially valued at several benjamins.