Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   I posted this in the beginners forum but got no response... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241045)

flyangler 04-27-2005 06:57 PM

I posted this in the beginners forum but got no response...

What does "grunching" mean and what is a "donk".
TIA

adam5206 04-27-2005 07:05 PM

Re: I posted this in the beginners forum but got no response...

They are probably just something someone said, one time ocasion kinda thing. You'll probably never hear that again.

otnemem 04-27-2005 07:10 PM

If someone called you a donk, it meant he was appreciative of a fine play. I have no effing clue what grunching means.

jason_t 04-27-2005 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone called you a donk, it meant he was appreciative of a fine play. I have no effing clue what grunching means.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work, donk.

CourtesyFlush 04-27-2005 07:26 PM

Grunching means to post your opinion on a hand without reading others responses. It was coined because GrunchCan posted the idea as a way to think about each hand on your own and not borrow others thoughts. "Donk" is short for donkey or bad player.

flyangler 04-27-2005 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grunching means to post your opinion on a hand without reading others responses. It was coined because GrunchCan posted the idea as a way to think about each hand on your own and not borrow others thoughts. "Donk" is short for donkey or bad player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Your avatar rules.

Another newbie question. I see limit tables labled "2-4", meaning SB 2, BB 4, PF and flop max bet 4, and 4th/5th street max bet 8 ---> correct?

I see other PL and NL tables labeled "10-10". I understand pot limit and no limit, but what are the blinds? Or is it blinds + antes?
Thanks in advance.

Patriarch 04-27-2005 08:47 PM

Grunching is good and donk is bad afaik. Although I'm kind of drunk so help me out here, someone.

NLSoldier 04-27-2005 09:33 PM

A donk is a bad player, usually a loose agressive. I have no idea about that other thing.

CourtesyFlush 04-27-2005 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you.
Your avatar rules.

Another newbie question. I see limit tables labled "2-4", meaning SB 2, BB 4, PF and flop max bet 4, and 4th/5th street max bet 8 ---> correct?

I see other PL and NL tables labeled "10-10". I understand pot limit and no limit, but what are the blinds? Or is it blinds + antes?
Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your welcome, yeah I like the avatar too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A $2/$4 limit game is $1 SB and $2 BB. The "$2/$4" is referring to the small and big BET size.

No limit games display the SB and BB. So a no limit game called 10-10 is either a game with 2 $10 blinds or $5/$10 blinds.

pzhon 04-28-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PokerRoom (and skins) recently changed the way they label NL tables. $10-$10 NL refers to a game with a minimum bet of $10 on each street. The blinds are $5 and $10. Elsewhere, the same game may be called NL $10 or NL $1000 (for the 100 big blind maximum buy-in)