Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Never Called Down With King High Before (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399586)

toss 12-16-2005 11:21 AM

Never Called Down With King High Before

This seemed like a good spot to do so. Villain is 90.63/8.33/1.55 over 100 hands. I've seen him make all kinds of crazy multistreet bluffs and raises.

Its 4 handed and I open raise from Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain calls from the SB and BB folds.

Flop is 878 with two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. Villain bets, I call.

Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain bets, I call.

River is the 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain bets, I call.

Its okay right?

hemstock 12-16-2005 11:28 AM

Re: Never Called Down With King High Before

I don't like it. He might be loose, but he is passive. I can't think of anything that you beat. Fold the turn

spydog 12-16-2005 11:33 AM

90% VPIP with an AF of 1.55 is mighty aggressive.

You played it perfectly.

hemstock 12-16-2005 11:36 AM

Why is it aggressive?
And how often do you win against this kind of opponent with K-high? Close to never propably?

ipp147 12-16-2005 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it aggressive?
And how often do you win against this kind of opponent with K-high? Close to never propably?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is seeing 90 % of the hands and then doing more betting and raising post flop than checking and calling.

He's gonna miss nearly all the time so he is often betting/raising with nothing or very little.

I think this calldown is fine in this spot 4 handed.

Aaron W. 12-16-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is playing 90% of his hands and his postflop bet/call ratio is 3:2, he's betting lots and lots of hands postflop. I wouldn't be surprised to see JT, T9, J9, T6, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or even some random holding like J2.

Spicymoose 12-16-2005 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He might be loose, but he is passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

As VPIP goes up, a smaller AG number means he is much more agressive than usual. I this case, villain is really agressive. I don't know exactly how the numbers work, but even an AG of 1 with a 90 VPIP is pretty damn agressive.

TomBrooks 12-16-2005 12:23 PM

I don't like calling this down, but maybe you had to be there to appreciate it. Feel the force. Rock on.

Aaron W. 12-16-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like calling this down, but maybe you had to be there to appreciate it. Feel the force. Rock on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have folded on the river or before?

jba 12-16-2005 12:31 PM

I like it, toss.