Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   QQ party 10-20 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398383)

omahahahaha 12-14-2005 03:07 PM

QQ party 10-20

Party 10/20 NL , 9 handed game...hero in BB

Seat 1 (UTG)(hotmark777) ($8,659) limps
Seat 2 FOLDS
Seat 3 FOLDS
Seat 4 limps ($1,980)
Seat 5 FOLDS
Seat 6 FOLDS
Seat 7 FOLDS
Seat 8 (small blind) (reefaddict) ($7,536) completes
Seat 9 (BB) Hero has QQ , I make it 125 to go
....all 3 limpers call

Flop is: Q 7 7 rainbow ,,,,now what?

topbrelan 12-14-2005 03:09 PM

Re: QQ party 10-20

Bet 1/4 - 1/2 the pot and hope someone has a 7

psuasskicker 12-14-2005 03:17 PM

Unless you've been LAGging it up, why wouldn't you check here?

- C -

12-14-2005 03:17 PM

Would you bet unimproved AK into 3 callers?

12-14-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless you've been LAGging it up, why wouldn't you check here?

- C -

[/ QUOTE ]
Because checking and then later putting in a ton of money might tell a good player what you have.

RikaKazak 12-14-2005 04:00 PM

if you're a lag, bet 1/2 pot (or how much you would bet AK unimproved) if you're a tag not c-betting very often, checking would be fine.

omahahahaha 12-14-2005 07:47 PM

a little more info on this hand: I have just started playing these 10/20 games on party in the last two weeks and my experience is limited to only two of the three players in this hand. From what I have seen, hotmark777 and reefaddict.

hotmark777: seems to play mostly a TAG style preflop with a mix of a LAGgish style postflop at times if he senses a goodspot (but he won't do anything outrageous either).

reefaddict: Seems to play a a looser style preflop than hotmark 777, mixing in more hands according to position, but by no means is a LAG preflop whatsoever and he seems to have a tightish straight up approach postflop.

Seat 6: I had absolutely no clue about his play at all till this point.

My image: hotmark and reefaddict definitely are aware of me when I'm in a hand and know I am capable of playing all sorts of hands preflop (but not a maniac either) but at no time have they seen me raise preflop to 125 in a similar situation to this with any small pairs or suited connectors or any type of LAGish play like that, So they probably know I was raising some sort of good hand preflop.

lapoker17 12-14-2005 07:50 PM

how much money do you have?

12-15-2005 01:40 AM

check twice. if theres any action on the turn, make it look like youre trying to protect something, as if you had 1010 with a read. so ya checkraise turn if you can if not your just going to have to lead out on river and take what you can get (if anything)

omahahahaha 12-15-2005 11:51 PM

ok here's what happened: we all checked the flop and

the turn was the 8 spades making a board of Q 7 7 8 rainbow
..reefaddict came out betting a poultry $20 , I just smooth called figuring any raise just plain gives my hand away and I wouldn't be giving any free cards away seeing as there was no flush draw possible,,,If I raise the turn the only action I'll get is from a 7 or if someone was unlucky enough to spike the 8 on the turn with a pair of them in their hand.
.....Now the interesting part,,,I smooth call the 20 and hotmark777 makes it 200 to go,
Seat 6 folds
reefaddict folds
....now back to me: what does everybody do here?

FoxwoodsFiend 12-15-2005 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

..reefaddict came out betting a poultry $20 , I just smooth called figuring any raise just plain gives my hand away and I wouldn't be giving any free cards away seeing as there was no flush draw possible,,,If I raise the turn the only action I'll get is from a 7 or if someone was unlucky enough to spike the 8 on the turn with a pair of them in their hand.
.....Now the interesting part,,,I smooth call the 20 and hotmark777 makes it 200 to go,
Seat 6 folds
reefaddict folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. Jeez, do you really need lessons in getting money in with the virtual nuts?

hit_the_set 12-15-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seat 6 folds
reefaddict folds

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is not a bad beat post. two options
1. Call hotmark's raise and let him bluff at it again.
2. Raise him and hope he has a boat too.

12-16-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seat 6 folds
reefaddict folds

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is not a bad beat post. two options
1. Call hotmark's raise and let him bluff at it again.
2. Raise him and hope he has a boat too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it becomes a bad beat post, i still think this is interesting, and often wonder what the correct way to play this sort of hand is. Believe it or not, there ARE some posts where the hero gets outdrawn, and the hand is still worthy of discussion.

ZZzzZZzz SO TIRED

omahahahaha 12-16-2005 12:23 AM

Nope, no bad beat story here. I flat called the turn raise from hotmark. The river brought a blank 4. I checked it again to hotmark; he had ACE 8 suited and checked it behind me.

The reason I posted this in the first place was because I got a similar response at the table as the one I got from Foxwoods Fiend. Reefaddict immediately laughed at the thought of me checking the flop and told me that it absolutely gave my hand away.
This is along the same lines as Foxwood's Fiend
immediately dismissing my question as to what to do on the turn. He blurts out RAISE IT!! , Do I have to tell u how to get money in the pot with the virtual nuts, etc.

I wasn't posting this hand to see if I should fold or not at any time in the hand. I would hope this would obvious to everyone but apparently it isn't. The whole reason to post this is to get people's ideas on exactly how to make every penny possible out of this hand.

Finite_Risk 12-16-2005 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how much money do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Make it 500 - if he has the boat he pushes

JMa 12-16-2005 12:36 AM

dont smoothcall the turn. raise.'

big hands play big pots.

hit_the_set 12-16-2005 12:36 AM

unfortunately, nobody else hit the flop. Playing this hand really depends a lot on the texture of the game being played. Have you been Conbetting frequently? What does the table think of you? If the table thinks you are playing tight, any good player would be weary of that flop check and the cold call on the turn.

Did not see If were oop w.r.t hotmark. Make a value bet on the river and get something out of it.

Tregan 12-16-2005 12:39 AM

Bet flop as you would with any normal continuation bet you would make. Depending on which player(s) call(s), I think a weak turn lead might induce a laggy bluff raise on the turn, because it looks like you're trying to throw a blocker out there with something like AQ or JJ. If you're raised, I like a stop and go here. Again a weak turn bet may look like a blocking attempt. I think bet-calling the flop and trying for a turn checkraise is a bit too transparent in this scenario; what hand do you call a flop raise with in a multiway pot out of position that he can bluff out with a turn bet?

But seriously guy, no matter what you do, just get some money in the middle. Most important part is to bet the flop, because given your description of those two players (and even just the nature of most 10/20 players) I would expect many pocket pairs to look you up there. Hell they might even raise you w/ position.

As played: either 3-bet turn, or call and lead river for any amount that he will call with his unimproved pocket pair.

(edited to add a bit more thought)

jomatty 12-16-2005 07:53 AM

the worst mistake imo is checking the river, although a strong argument can be made for betting the flop. it would be a resonable place to "block" and hope he trys to play off your hand or just go ahead and and bet the pot and hope for the best. an overbet is prolly transparent after the action. i think its too likely that he has exactly what he does or some such to let him check behind.
matty

12-16-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't posting this hand to see if I should fold or not at any time in the hand. I would hope this would obvious to everyone but apparently it isn't. The whole reason to post this is to get people's ideas on exactly how to make every penny possible out of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody in their right mind was advocating folding, they were merely hoping that this wasn't a bad beat post. Your original intent was clear.

Andrew Fletcher 12-16-2005 12:04 PM

pot it

ahnuld 12-16-2005 12:11 PM

big words from a little man [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]