Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Back From Vacation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265521)

Mason Malmuth 06-04-2005 01:16 AM

Back From Vacation

Hi Everyone:

Charmaine and I just returned from a short vacation. Our stops were Calico Ghost Town (near Barstow Calif), Bishop, CA, and Virginia City, NV.

Calico is barely okay, Bishop is a very pretty town and we hope to make it back someday, and Virginia City was a lot of fun and recommend it to those of you who like a little history.

Also, on our trip we by chance got to meet Lorraine Hunt who just happens to be the Lieutenant Governor of Nevada and talked to her quite a bit.

Best wishes,
Mason

Dynasty 06-04-2005 02:57 AM

Re: Back From Vacation

It's weird living in Las Vegas and going on vacation to places far less exciting.

sublime 06-04-2005 03:26 AM

wow, after all that im sure your spent!

nolanfan34 06-04-2005 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, after all that im sure your spent!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say worst trip report ever, or "this thread is worthless without pics", but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

thirddan 06-04-2005 05:31 AM

does this mean you will be nice and rested for drunken 2+2 action on the 18th?

scalf 06-04-2005 12:22 PM

Re: Back From Vacation.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

mason:

you might wanta visit toledo, oh..where there are two bakeries where you can watch the bread rise...

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

marsvolta619 06-04-2005 01:55 PM

I think he was planning on going to Bed Bath and Beyond but he didn't know if he'd have the time.

Anyways, can anyone(Mason?) explain what's in those towns? I know there's beautiful country up in that part of CA, and for someone who lives in Vegas it's probably a nice relaxing change, but I don't think I would want to visit. Of course the woman has the final say for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

El Barto 06-04-2005 01:56 PM

I knew a Charmaine in college. A beautiful name, IMO. Sweet memories.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shaman 06-04-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course the woman has the final say for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some nice antique shops in one of those places. Maybe that's the real reason she took Mason there.

Tyler Durden 06-04-2005 02:23 PM

Weird I just returned from Vegas and I also made a stop in Bishop, California. I was there on Memorial Day. They had a town festival called Bishop Mule Days. I didn't enjoy it.