Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Fold AK to re-raise? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408130)

45suited 12-31-2005 03:53 AM

Fold AK to re-raise?

Early in a 22. No reads.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t695)
MP1 (t1345)
MP2 (t800)
Hero (t775)
CO+1 (t910)
CO (t130)
Button (t1025)
SB (t785)
BB (t750)

Preflop: Hero is in MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t60</font>, <font color="gray">CO+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises t190</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

12-31-2005 03:56 AM

Re: Fold AK to re-raise?

I'd call and play it with position.

caretaker1 12-31-2005 03:59 AM

Fold. Unless you have an unusual read that the SB is uber-aggressive. This kind of smallish (2-3X) re-raise means monster way too often to tangle. I don't like a flat call for 25% of the stack either.

spikeanut 12-31-2005 04:00 AM

Easy fold IMO. You only risked 60 chips so far, why risk the rest for a coinflip in a worstcase senario.

stanzee 12-31-2005 04:05 AM

play it with position??? position doesn't count for a lot since the SB is almost certain to bet the flop (unless of course he catches a monster hand on the flop). I normally fold to this bet, but since the play has been soooo bad over the xmas period i put him on AT AJ AQ suited and push.

stanzee 12-31-2005 04:13 AM

You've put in a lot of posts.... therefore, i'm guessing you've played a lot of poker... is this hand really causing you problems? I'll give you a hint on how you can play it next time, taking into account party's 1 table tourney structure and the level you're playing... think about it.... how can you have avoid getting yourself into this situation in the first place? answers on a post card

12-31-2005 04:13 AM

I disagree that a $22 player in the SB always bets out on any flop in this specific situation. You are getting better than 2:1 on a call here, you have position, and you still have 585 chips to work with if you bail for whatever reason on the flop.

AA-TT is certainly in his range, but I have seen AK-ATs in the range here as well (especially AQs).

stanzee 12-31-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that a $22 player in the SB always bets out on any flop in this specific situation. You are getting better than 2:1 on a call here, you have position, and you still have 585 chips to work with if you bail for whatever reason on the flop.

AA-TT is certainly in his range, but I have seen AK-ATs in the range here as well (especially AQs).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like chucking in 25% of your chips with a strong likelyhood you will be forced to fold on the flop then so be it. Me personally? I either commit all my chips now or i fold.

The Yugoslavian 12-31-2005 04:20 AM

How the F do I agree with Stanzee here? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Okay, well what I agree on is that you have to push/raise committed amount or fold....you can't call preflop here.

I fold....but I guess it's b/c I never get my AK to run into AQ-AT preflop even at xmas, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

45suited 12-31-2005 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've put in a lot of posts.... therefore, i'm guessing you've played a lot of poker... is this hand really causing you problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... all I did was post a hand that I thought could be of interest.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give you a hint on how you can play it next time, taking into account party's 1 table tourney structure and the level you're playing... think about it.... how can you have avoid getting yourself into this situation in the first place? answers on a post card

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm confident that my results match up with anybody else playing 800 chip games. If you want to respond to a thread, fine. I don't need the condescending attitude.

You know where you can put your post card.