Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst Steven Spielberg Film? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406011)

theBruiser500 12-29-2005 09:10 PM

Re: Worst Steven Spielberg Film?

While we're on Steven Spielburg, what is his attraction to the bad actor Tom Cruise? WoW and Minority Report...

Dynasty 12-29-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While we're on Steven Spielburg, what is his attraction to the bad actor Tom Cruise? WoW and Minority Report...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cruise comes as close as possible to guaranteeing box office success. That's why he's deservedly the highest paid actor in the business.

Hallett 12-30-2005 03:25 AM

I hated Catch me if You Can.

The characters in his movies tend to be bland, emotionless bores, and this movie is a perfect example. If he had been able to make me give two [censored] about this guy, I would like the movie (heck, even one [censored] would probably do). But I just did not care what happened to him. For me, if I don't care about the lead character, there is likely little point in watching the movie.

Blarg 12-30-2005 04:25 AM

Spielberg himself is bland. He's been called a strangely whitebread Jew time after time, and it's deserved. The man is a soul-less craftsman. Near genius as a craftsman, near bankrupt as an artist.

Duke 12-30-2005 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You didn't like Minority Report? I thought it was very good.

2) You misspell every name on purpose, right?

~D

Luv2DriveTT 12-30-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured Batteries Not Included would be on the top of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

12-30-2005 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Voting for shindler's list should be a *able offense

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. All of the jokes were lame.

pooh74 12-30-2005 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who ever voted for Jaws should kill themself.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, and maybe I'm retarded, but I think A.I. is a better movie than Jaws. Jaws hasnt stood up to the test of time that well (I wouldnt think of watching it anymore). Whereas AI had a very interesting feel to it, sort of eerie in a way that only Kubrik could do. IOW, the bear wasn't really cute or cuddly, that was just how it looked. But it was the human qualities of all of the AI with that slight "disconnect" that made it interesting.

I voted the Terminal because I could hardly get through it.

-Skeme- 12-30-2005 04:43 PM

Munich.

Your Mom 12-31-2005 01:41 AM

AI is the worst movie ever.