Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Won money at showdown % (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=229350)

InfernoLL 04-09-2005 09:15 PM

Won money at showdown %

I know how annoying some stats posts can be, but hopefully this is different. I was wondering what the standard won money at showdown percentage is for a winning player at 5/10 6 max. Mine was 55% (what I understood to be standard) when I played full ring, but has been above 60% here. I suspect I'm giving too much respect to turn raises or am being bluffed off my unimproved ace high on the river a lot. If my number is too high, in what common situations am I folding a hand that should see a showdown?

tolbiny 04-09-2005 09:40 PM

Re: Won money at showdown %

Your W$@SD and your WTSD stats go hand in hand- the more showdowns you see- the lower you W$@SD stats will (should) be. My first 23,000 hands i was playing quite poorly (and running badly as well, but mostly poor play) i had a WTSD of just over 39% and a W$ of 48%. This was a losing combination for me. As i bumped my aggression up my went to sd dropped a little (38.5% over the next 15,000 hands) and my W$sd went up to over 52%.

J.R. 04-09-2005 09:56 PM

csd

InfernoLL 04-10-2005 03:23 PM

The notion of CSD is interesting. Mine is a seemingly absurd .219 (over a relatively small sample size). Looking over that thread and others makes me think my 61+ % W$SD stat is ridiculous. Either I'm running really well or I'm folding a decent number of winners.

I find myself folding weak top pairs and strong second pairs to most opponents when raised on the turn. Is this generally correct, or should I call down more on unscary boards? Seems like I lose almost all of the time when I do this. How often does anyone call with a good ace high on the river after checking the turn in position, or checking the river out of position?

Roy6 04-10-2005 06:37 PM

same problems (?) here. 32.08 WSD and 61.32 W$SD make my CSD 0.19. I miss some valu bets for sure and maybe should call down more. But I play 1/2 so maybe it's wiser here to fold more often to that turn raises.

topspinner 04-10-2005 07:51 PM

Roy, I think I am in the opposite situation, and I am wondering if I am calling the river too much. My stats are 50.45 and 40.75. Which is a CSD of 20.5. I play 1-2 as well, and I my calls are very player dependent. Against maniacs who raise everything I usually call down to the river if I have anything. Just out of curiousity what is your BB/100?

I have been looking for a way in poker tracker to figure out if I am making money when I call the river.

Roy6 04-10-2005 07:58 PM

3 BB/100 after first 10k hands. I think it's OK, although I know I have some leaks.