Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What's he up to? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=175294)

Kurn, son of Mogh 01-11-2005 08:34 PM

What\'s he up to?

Party 2/4 a few days back.

I've been away from the table and post both blinds in the CO and get A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, UTG +2 folds, MP1 raises, 2 folds, I 3-bet, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, limpers fold, MP1 calls. 3 see the flop for 12.5 sb.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 bets, I raise, both call. 3 to the turn for 9 bb.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 checks, I bet, BB calls, MP1 check-raises, I call, BB calls. 15bb

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 checks, I bet, BB calls, MP1 thinks until his time is almost up and folds.

Comments? Results later.

wacki 01-11-2005 09:29 PM

Re: What\'s he up to?

If your asking us what we think MP1 has, a read would help. Right now it's impossible to tell. So many possibilities at the 2/4 level.

Don't you normally play mid stakes?

Kurn, son of Mogh 01-11-2005 09:44 PM

Don't you normally play mid stakes?

Not for the past year. I've needed my profit over and above a 2/4 bankroll for other things. Sucks, but such is life.

If your asking us what we think MP1 has, a read would help.

More looking for general comments on the hand. I'd been away from the table for a couple of orbits and had no read.

CPA 01-11-2005 09:44 PM

I would guess he had a mid pocket pair 88 - JJ. He was hoping both of you were on a flush draw....and gave up when the flush hit combined with the overcard on the flop.

Are you attempting to rationalize the thought process of a random 2/4 party player? Good Luck.

Schizo 01-11-2005 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you attempting to rationalize the thought process of a random 2/4 party player? Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially a random. Last night I had a guy cap PF and flop with nothing but king high.

shant 01-11-2005 09:47 PM

He raised preflop with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Zetack 01-11-2005 11:32 PM

Yeah, the most rational looking thing here is a 7-6, but the river fold implies a level of thought beyond most 2/4 players so he probably was on some kind of weird bluff.

--Zetack

lowroller 01-12-2005 12:04 AM

Makes me wonder what BB was hanging around with.

Kurn, son of Mogh 01-12-2005 06:43 AM

RESULTS

BB mucks and MHIG

HH shows BB held K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 proceeded to act like he was on tilt for the next four hands and then left the table after tilting away several more bbs. He said nothing in chat, but from his behavior I got the impression he folded the winner (a strangely played AA or KK?).

colgin 01-12-2005 08:44 AM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
MP1 proceeded to act like he was on tilt for the next four hands and then left the table after tilting away several more bbs. He said nothing in chat, but from his behavior I got the impression he folded the winner (a strangely played AA or KK?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Could he have misclicked or accidentally timed out? I can't believe he would intentionally fold AA/KK for one more bet on the river after playing it the way he did. But then again. . .

Nice hand!