Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KJo - what do you think of this line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405638)

Nick Royale 12-27-2005 12:14 AM

KJo - what do you think of this line?

CO 14/10/2.8 ~800 hands
MP3 43/8/0.9 ~200 hands
CO seems like an ok TAG and I think he knows I am too. MP3 is crappy and pretty aggressive, but not always in the right spots.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

SlyGuy 12-27-2005 12:20 AM

Re: KJo - what do you think of this line?

Well, if you don't think the CO will raise you with a worse hand on the river ( i assume you fold the river to a raise). CO looks a lot like a flopped set. Would he 3-bet KT on the flop? I would prefer just getting to showdown here.

Nick Royale 12-27-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you don't think the CO will raise you with a worse hand on the river ( i assume you fold the river to a raise). CO looks a lot like a flopped set. Would he 3-bet KT on the flop? I would prefer just getting to showdown here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm paying off a raise from MP3 unless CO coldcalls, but I really don't think MP3 will raise very often here.

SlyGuy 12-27-2005 12:29 AM

What are you putting CO on?

Nick Royale 12-27-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you putting CO on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Given preflop, no king better than KJo. There's no 2 pair possibilities or draw so other than a pair of kings he could just have 55/22.

Hands we're ahead of:
KT: 8 combos
K9s: 2 combos
Kxs: 2 combos
Total: 12 combos

Hands we're behind of:
55/22: 6 combos
Total 6 combos

Given his willingness to 3-bet the flop I would discount the 12 K-combos to ~6 (maybe even a little less). Plus we have 6 combos of KJo we would like to see a sd against (discounted and the split taken into consideration not worth more than 2 combos in relation to 55/33).

12-27-2005 12:44 AM

Off the top of my head, I think that top pair-jack kicker OOP is not what I want to play when it comes back to me 3-bet, and I fold on the flop. I'm sure I would have done this in the heat of the moment.

Thinking about it, I wonder what CO 3-bets on the flop that he overlimps preflop. 55 or 22? I doubt it. K5 or K2? Please. KJo or KTo makes some sense, although even with these I would expect 14/10 to raise to isolate the loose limper. An oddly played AA is the only other thing I can think of.

Having thought about it, I still think this is afold, but I'm likely not ready to play 5/10 yet.

Carmine 12-27-2005 12:45 AM

Nick, do you agree that you must call a CO raise once MP calls. What's nice about this play is you trap MP for two(most likely once he calls your lead)and you don't miss bets from a KT check-through. What's risky is with CO being a TAG he will value-raise KT/KJ as well as 55/22 so I don't think you are in a bet/fold situation. CO has pretty aggressive stats so I think he would have raised KQ PF. Now what do you do if MP folds and CO still raises. That might be a fold situation IMO.

SlyGuy 12-27-2005 12:50 AM

I would lean toward C/C on the river.

Jake (The Snake) 12-27-2005 12:56 AM

You make it sound like getting raised by CO would be a good thing. That would suck.

Also, you say we bet so KT dosn't check through, but then you say KT is value raising if we bet.

Nick Royale 12-27-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head, I think that top pair-jack kicker OOP is not what I want to play when it comes back to me 3-bet, and I fold on the flop. I'm sure I would have done this in the heat of the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
My initial thought was to fold, but then I thought about it and decided to call.

[ QUOTE ]
KJo or KTo makes some sense, although even with these I would expect 14/10 to raise to isolate the loose limper.

[/ QUOTE ]
He had 2 limpers in front preflop.