Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Live Long Enough to Live Forever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389024)

BradleyT 12-01-2005 10:55 AM

Re: Live Long Enough to Live Forever

ZJ,

Is adding 20 years really worth anything? I suggest you visit a nursing home some time and see what being "old" is really about.

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ZJ,

Is adding 20 years really worth anything? I suggest you visit a nursing home some time and see what being "old" is really about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to think of it as tacking an extra 20 years on at the end. Think of it as slowing down the aging process by the equivelent.

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 11:03 AM

The title of this post

I don't want people to get tangled up over the title. It's simply something intriguing that will sell lots of copies.

No where in the book does the author state humans will live forever. Try not to take the word literally.

Perhaps a more accurate title would be: Live long enough to see a time when people no longer die of old age, cancer, or organ failure

diebitter 12-01-2005 11:06 AM

Re: The title of this post

[ QUOTE ]

No where in the book does the author state humans will live forever. Try not to take the word literally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the title!

I hate misleading titles for books/films/songs [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

These grind my gears:

The Never Ending Story
The Sound of Silence
Krakatoa, East of Java (check a world map)
Diamonds are Forever

grrrrr!

thatpfunk 12-01-2005 11:09 AM

bitter,

how is the neverending story decieving? You are watching a movie that contains a story. the story in the movie is neverending. if it was called the neverending movie then you would have a gripe.

be healthy,
funk

samjjones 12-01-2005 11:10 AM

It all depends on what the book states as the Third Bridge. Because the fundamental problem is that the body's cells simply break down at a certain point of age, regardless of how "healthy" you are otherwise. If nanotechnology could prevent this from happening at a molecular level, then at least theoretically, it would be possible help retard the aging process in individual cells.

tolbiny 12-01-2005 11:10 AM

Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatent case of false advertisng since my lawsuit against the film "The Never Ending Story".

1C5 12-01-2005 11:12 AM

Cool. will get it for my mom's Christmas present.

diebitter 12-01-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bitter,

how is the neverending story decieving? You are watching a movie that contains a story. the story in the movie is neverending. if it was called the neverending movie then you would have a gripe.

be healthy,
funk

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you have swayed me through good argument and sound logic. I was wrong. I now remove this from my list, and replace it with 'I am a rock'.

tolbiny 12-01-2005 11:16 AM

[censored] you buddy, simon and garfunkle rules.