Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Most wonderfully played hand ever. 109 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335825)

Melchiades 09-13-2005 12:30 PM

Re: Some reasoning.

It's when I win these kind of hands with a flush I literally roll on the floor laughing at my opponents. Nothing wonderfull about this hand. Nothing too bad except the turn check which I think is horrible.

illegit 09-13-2005 12:39 PM

Re: Most wonderfully played hand ever. 109

[ QUOTE ]
Because I usually play well postflop, and sometimes it's important to disguise your hand when playing agianst regulars. This table was also playing really tight. I'm not going broke automatically an an all under flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you're also not building a pot or doing much in the way of accumulating chips with the 3rd best hand in poker. Nice work. If playing well post-flop is giving free shots at beating you and keeping the pots small against opponents you most likely are crushing I can happily say i absolutely suck post flop.

Nicholasp27 09-13-2005 12:43 PM

most wonderfully played because you won a 1k pot with the 3rd best hand in poker while giving players infinite odds to beat you?

pf: raise...gotta get value for the good hands
flop: bet half pot...don't give flush draws a free card to beat you...
turn: bet again...still don't give flush draw a free card to beat you...since u bet the flop already, they aren't thinking u hit a set of qs on this turn...if u hadn't bet the flop, they put u on qx or qq if u suddenly bet this turn now

Rduke55 09-13-2005 12:47 PM

Either you A. Got beat by giving too many free cards to hands that shouldn't have been in the pot in the first place, or B. Didn't win nearly what you could have with your big hand.
And why won't you debate when someone brings up a point? Isn't that why these forums exist?

Nicholasp27 09-13-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And why won't you debate when someone brings up a point? Isn't that why these forums exist?

[/ QUOTE ]

because he already knows everything...he sees that he played this wonderfully and since we can't see that, we aren't worthy of his time and energy

Chaostracize 09-13-2005 01:01 PM

What's wrong with soaking in information.

Also, I don't like talking about hands with people who get angry about the play. Note the tone in almost every single response I got. Why would I want to argue with these people? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chaostracize 09-13-2005 01:03 PM

That's not true at all. Work on your inference.

45suited 09-13-2005 01:13 PM

I understand that you don't want to be results oriented and all, but I think it's kind of silly when people refuse to post the results of the hands that they post.

Often, alot of people took the time to go through the OP and give their thoughts. It's not too much for them to find out (after sufficient time has passed) if their reads were correct.

To refuse to give the results after pokerdirty requested to see them seems a bit childish. If the post was a simple "push / fold" post, where there is an obviously correct answer, the results would NOT matter. The action is simple and there is almost always a correct answer.

In this case, there was more to the hand. People take the time to put villain on a hand. It is not entirely correct to say that results "don't matter" in this case. People learn by watching the actions of all players in the hand and then seeing what hand they were playing in the fashion that they did.

Not trying to pile on or flame you, but there is a difference between posting the results of pushing QQ and having the A5 that wrongly called hit his ace and a hand where there were decisions on all streets. In this case, showing results would have some purpose.

Rduke55 09-13-2005 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not true at all. Work on your inference.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this referring to?

Rduke55 09-13-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with soaking in information.

Also, I don't like talking about hands with people who get angry about the play. Note the tone in almost every single response I got. Why would I want to argue with these people? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when have a title like the one on this thread you have to expect some criticism.