Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $109s - Ok This Ones More Interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322884)

Unarmed 08-25-2005 07:02 PM

$109s - Ok This Ones More Interesting

Villain multis and has played staight forward thus far.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (6 handed) converter

SB (t1050)
Hero (t1145)
UTG (t1875)
MP (t840)
CO (t2090)
Button (t3000)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t450) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t450) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t275</font>, CO calls t275, SB folds.

River: (t1000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>

08-25-2005 07:07 PM

Re: $109s - Ok This Ones More Interesting

There's a rule that I learned pretty early that I think it +EV: someone who bets the turn when the top pair pairs is often bluffing. I thought this was kind of common knowledge, and thus, I never make this play against good players, and since I rarely bluff at donks, I never make this play.

The Yugoslavian 08-25-2005 07:13 PM

Would a bet of t400 on the river be just as scary/scarier and also leave you with a few more chips?

I think I like your line....but I'm not sure that's a good thing, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

adanthar 08-25-2005 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain multis and has played staight forward thus far.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he multis, he knows you don't have a jack, because you'd have bet that on the flop (you would, right?) So he either has a draw, probably with overs, or a middle pair. One of those things just hit. The other may call anyway. Oh, and this bet looks really weird from a multitabler (because he probably knows you are one, too.)

I honestly think you are better off not making these bluffs at all, but if you're gonna make them, do it when the turn pairs the 9 or even better, the 4.

The Yugoslavian 08-25-2005 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a rule that I learned pretty early that I think it +EV: someone who bets the turn when the top pair pairs is often bluffing. I thought this was kind of common knowledge, and thus, I never make this play against good players, and since I rarely bluff at donks, I never make this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put the CO on?

What do you think the CO will call with?

Even if he thinks you might be bluffing, that doesn't mean he will be calling you.

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian 08-25-2005 07:18 PM

You don't think the villian is just calling the turn bet planning to take away the pot away on the river?

How has his middle pair hit? Why would Unarmed bet out a jack on the flop here every time?

Do you think villian will stay around on the river with a naked ace? or KQ?

Yugoslav

Newt_Buggs 08-25-2005 07:21 PM

yuck, check/fold the river IMO. He most likely just hit his draw and if not might still call you down with whatever he has

08-25-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you put the CO on?

What do you think the CO will call with?

Even if he thinks you might be bluffing, that doesn't mean he will be calling you.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. But, he may plan to raise the river; he may call with small pair; he may even call with A-high. I, personally, like to call this and raise the river.

adanthar 08-25-2005 07:25 PM

Solid multitablers don't try to call other solid multitablers' turn bets from the blinds trying to take it away on the river. Gigabet can do that once in a while, but the average 109 6 tabler? No.

The draw just hit (come on man, I get pissed once in a while because no one ever reads the whole post) and middle pair may call because the river card is low. KQ or Ax not only don't call this turn, they don't limp in the first place.

As for why you bet a jack...it's a J94 board. The SB has nothing. The CO limped and apparently you don't put him on aces. Who wants to give free cards here? Anyone?

Unarmed 08-25-2005 07:34 PM

Why is everyone worried about the draw? Villain checked behind on the flop...