Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How's this AJ from SB, OOP for rest of hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372087)

MyTurn2Raise 11-04-2005 08:31 PM

How\'s this AJ from SB, OOP for rest of hand?

I'm HERO of course and getting crushed
Villian is 50/2/1 after 100 hands and has hit 2 river flushes against my overpairs in the last 1/2 hour
Villian2 is new to the game with only 12 hands and nothing noticeable yet.

Texas Hold'em $2-$4 (real money)
ANTES/BLINDS
HERO [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] posts blind ($1), BB posts blind ($2).

PRE-FLOP
3 folds, Villian calls $2, 1 fold, Villian2 calls $2, 1 fold, Villian3 calls $2, HERO calls $1, BB checks.

FLOP [board cards A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
HERO checks, BB checks, Villian bets $2, Villian2 calls $2, Villian3 folds, HERO bets $4, BB folds, Villian calls $2, Villian2 calls $2.

TURN [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
HERO bets $4, Villian calls $4, Villian2 calls $4.

RIVER [10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
HERO bets $4, Villian bets $8, Villian2 calls $8, HERO bets $8, Villian bets $8, Villian2 folds, HERO calls $4.

newhizzle 11-04-2005 08:40 PM

Re: How\'s this AJ from SB, OOP for rest of hand?

i dont mind the PF limp, that could go either way, 1 less villain and im raising, 1 more and im limping

the only villain you have a read on is loose passive, so id just bet the flop, noone raised preflop and as far as you know none of your opponents are too aggressive, so you dont really know that anyone will bet for you

on the river, id probly 3bet also, getting capped sucks tho, but villain could be raising with AT or something like that, i think its close, but i play it the same

private joker 11-04-2005 08:40 PM

Why did you checkraise the flop?

Duffman 11-04-2005 08:44 PM

I bet this flop. I wouldn't want it to get checked around.

Everything else I play the same.

MyTurn2Raise 11-04-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you checkraise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
good question...I'd seen villian3 bet ace high flops twice when checked to him in position. Once he folded when donk bet into on turn. The other time, he won without showdown.

Very weak on my part to assume no one would bet before him and that he bluffs at all ace high flops with position based on 2 hands.

Both of you are right...I should've led the flop

MyTurn2Raise 11-04-2005 09:22 PM

Does anyone not 3-bet the river? I'm afraid that I played that wrong too.

WillMagic 11-04-2005 10:15 PM

Bet the damn flop. Checking here is FPS gone wild.

Other than that it looks good.

Will

MyTurn2Raise 11-04-2005 10:35 PM

Thanks for the input guys...much appreciated

Villian turned over 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the low straight...I should've bet out on the flop. He wouldn't have left, but results no matter.

Bob T. 11-04-2005 10:45 PM

Bet the flop, betting and three betting doesn't look as strong as checkraising, but it gets more money in, and you probably want as much action as you can get on this flop.