Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Two + Two book covers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378969)

chekthastak 11-15-2005 02:35 PM

Two + Two book covers

I notice recently that on the covers of the 2+2 books I have that show two hands there is 1 really crappy hand against a great hand, and the crappy hand wins every time. On HEFAP 83 has a boat against AK's top two, on the Stud 8 cover 933 gets 3s full against AA2 trip Aces. And the Omaha 8 cover has 9933 catching a boat and scooping AK24 who has trip kings and an Ace High flush.

I know this is done for the season, was it just the publishers having fun or is it something different?

12AX7 11-16-2005 01:56 AM

Re: Two + Two book covers

LOL! It probably indicates you're going to suffer lots of suck outs in your career as a poker player.

Personally I always liked the Ruger Super Blackhawk on the covers.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SoftcoreRevolt 11-16-2005 03:05 AM

The 2+2 covers are the only times David and Mason get to play bad hands.

jrz1972 11-16-2005 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I notice recently that on the covers of the 2+2 books I have that show two hands there is 1 really crappy hand against a great hand, and the crappy hand wins every time. On HEFAP 83 has a boat against AK's top two, on the Stud 8 cover 933 gets 3s full against AA2 trip Aces. And the Omaha 8 cover has 9933 catching a boat and scooping AK24 who has trip kings and an Ace High flush.

I know this is done for the season, was it just the publishers having fun or is it something different?

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2 book covers are RIGGED.

TheNoocH 11-16-2005 10:07 AM

the must have started with a cold deck

RatFink 11-17-2005 04:43 PM

The hands are normal randomly selected hands from a Ljubljana home game, you just find the coincidence and feel that it is a pattern. Wear a tinfoil hat while reading them. There is no conspiracy.

Easy E 11-17-2005 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I notice recently that on the covers of the 2+2 books I have that show two hands there is 1 really crappy hand against a great hand, and the crappy hand wins every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What "season" was that- the Winter of Malcontent?

Wouldn't you pull a gun after getting beaten by those hands?

Dynasty 11-17-2005 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On HEFAP 83 has a boat against AK's top two...

[/ QUOTE ]

The explanation of HEPFAP's cover can be found here.

cold_cash 11-18-2005 02:09 AM

Nice bump. I never get tired of reading these.

Epic.