Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wait till the turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381565)

Spicymoose 11-19-2005 02:20 PM

Wait till the turn?

UTG is 23/6.5/1.3 after like 700 hands. Other villain is unknown.

I almost always raise this flop, but I figured it might be a time to wait until the turn.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Rubeskies 11-19-2005 02:24 PM

Re: Wait till the turn?

I raise this flop now because UTG might fold an ace, maybe even A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] allthough doubtful, and MP may not bet again on the turn losing you your chance for value.

Also, what do you do if an A falls on the turn, or Q?

Change your hand to AA with the A of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I'd like it. Or even without the A of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Roy6 11-19-2005 02:28 PM

I like a raise here.

-It's not sure MP will lead the turn
-If UTG has an ace, he'll probably call - why not charge him for 2 bets?
-If MP is on a queen, he might donk a brick turn figuring you were on a semibluff, we raise and commit him to SD.

The drawback could be that we lose UTG on the flop with a pocket pair. But I wonder how likely it is. For instance, I don't know what to do here if I was UTG and held 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

jba 11-19-2005 02:28 PM

raise now. make it unprofitable for a lone ace to see the turn.

jba 11-19-2005 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The drawback could be that we lose UTG on the flop with a pocket pair. But I wonder how likely it is. For instance, I don't know what to do here if I was UTG and held 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a pretty easy fold IMHO

Roy6 11-19-2005 02:32 PM

Against agressive opponents, not really. This will flop will be donked with a lot of hands we beat and PFR will raise a fair amount of time with nothing for a free card/just beacuse he was PFR.

jba 11-19-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against agressive opponents, not really. This will flop will be donked with a lot of hands we beat and PFR will raise a fair amount of time with nothing for a free card/just beacuse he was PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

when people donk into a preflop three better on this board it is usually not nothing. even J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is ahead of you here. I think you are very often up against at least a higher pair, or a flush draw + 2-4 overcards.

Roy6 11-19-2005 03:01 PM

You're right. I missed the preflop 3-bet when I answered to your '88 - fold' flop.
Would you still just fold if there was only a preflop raise?