Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Men and Jewelry (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360864)

10-19-2005 02:18 PM

Re: Men and Jewelry

I have a couple tennis bracelets I wear when I don't need/want my watch on due to the fact that I feel naked without something on my wrist, probably due to a lifetime of wearing a watch 98% of the time. They look pretty much just like a watch at a glance, and girls think they're pretty.

tdarko 10-19-2005 02:23 PM

i think that there should be a certain dress code for players on the sideline (injured players etc), they are professionals and should act like it. now it doesn't anger me in any way to see some basketball player with a throwback jersey, sideways cap, huge spinning cross medallion around his neck, watch with all kinds of crap added to it and earings that light up the staples center, but it doesn't look right to me. that's just my opinion, doesn't make it the right one.

i also grew up in a house in which my cousin came over with an earring and my father chased him right out trying to rip it out of his ear. old school mentality.

jakethebake 10-19-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also grew up in a house in which my cousin came over with an earring and my father chased him right out trying to rip it out of his ear. old school mentality.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember saying I was getting an earring just as a joke. My dad said, "Great! Where you gonna live?"

tdarko 10-19-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember saying I was getting an earring just as a joke. My dad said, "Great! Where you gonna live?"

[/ QUOTE ]
haha, mine said "cool i always wanted a daughter."

maryfield48 10-19-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think a watch, a chain, a wedding ring, cufflinks, and maybe a tie pin is the most jewelry a man should ever need. i like the dress code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ix-nay on the i-pin-tay.

peachy 10-19-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A crucifix? Way to advertise your brainwashed status.

[/ QUOTE ]ok, fine, any religious peace, preferably kept under your shirt, where it belongs.

Hella nits on here today.

[/ QUOTE ]

like the the guys with a button undone so the crucifix and ur hair sticking out?? no thx

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the the guys with a button undone so the crucifix and ur hair sticking out?? no thx

[/ QUOTE ]
no, like the guys that were a cross for personal reasons instead of as an accessory.

dibbs 10-19-2005 03:38 PM

I hate it when men wear sandals. Jewelry doesn't bother me, used to though. I think it's hilarious when thugs wannabes use umbrellas.

I'm getting less angsty as I age about some things and more about others.

tdarko 10-19-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when men wear sandals.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is weird to me. sandals are so easy, i tend to get lazy with the whole putting on socks and shoes thing and i just slip on some sandals and head out the door.

why do you hate sandals?

peachy 10-19-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate it when men wear sandals. Jewelry doesn't bother me, used to though. I think it's hilarious when thugs wannabes use umbrellas.

I'm getting less angsty as I age about some things and more about others.

[/ QUOTE ]

sandles have never been an issue to me on guys...but i guess thats b/c i live in a place that stays pretty warm all year long...how is this wrong for guys to wear them?