Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   15/30 AKs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369019)

jason_t 10-31-2005 03:36 PM

15/30 AKs

This guy has only been at the table for an orbit. I saw him once in June and remember thinking he was retarded but didn't play with him so I didn't have a better read. I know nothing about his preflop raising standards. This session, postflop both times he has raised at any point during a hand he had the nuts or the essential nuts but that's not really a useful read since he hasn't been around that long.

Preflop: I am SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO open raises, Button folds, I 3-bet, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, CO raises, I want to 3-bet really badly.

10-31-2005 03:38 PM

Re: 15/30 AKs

[ QUOTE ]
This guy has only been at the table for an orbit. I saw him once in June and remember thinking he was retarded but didn't play with him so I didn't have a better read. I know nothing about his preflop raising standards. This session, postflop both times he has raised at any point during a hand he had the nuts or the essential nuts but that's not really a useful read since he hasn't been around that long.

Preflop: I am SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO open raises, Button folds, I 3-bet, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, CO raises, I want to 3-bet really badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you want to 3-bet?

sfer 10-31-2005 03:39 PM

The Daver will sometimes spray in this spot but probably not here since only very specific players will raise with a worse hand intending to fold to a 3-bet. Thus, The Daver calls.

10-31-2005 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Daver will sometimes spray in this spot but probably not here since only very specific players will raise with a worse hand intending to fold to a 3-bet. Thus, The Daver calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will PAY you to stop speaking in the 3rd person.

sfer 10-31-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Daver doesn't need your money.

10-31-2005 03:49 PM

The pot isn't very large, so I don't think you can get out of line here too often. His raise doesn't necessarily indicate a Q, but it is possible. You have many outs vs. hands holding one pair, and since CO was in steal position, hands including an 8 or T aren't unreasonable. Opponent may even hold AK. If you 3-bet, what do you do to a cap? I can see myself 3-betting this more often than not, as I really think I have 15+ outs most of the time. The reason I'd lean towards a call is because of the small pot size.

10-31-2005 03:50 PM

lol

megaeasy 3-bet not close IMO. you're way ahead of his range. don't play at these limits if you just call here. weak tight [censored].

ErrantNight 10-31-2005 03:51 PM

what a delightful addition to the boards.

10-31-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a delightful addition to the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

But "megaeasy" sounds so cool

Evan 10-31-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Daver doesn't need your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will ban you unless you stop making third person posts.