Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   This should be illegal (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=210702)

dr. klopek 03-10-2005 02:01 PM

This should be illegal

I was nearly killed out of bed this morning at 9 by a rock excavation in the neighbor's yard right outside my window. It sounds like a symphony of circular saws that never gets turned off. Why, god? WHY????

jakethebake 03-10-2005 02:17 PM

Re: This should be illegal

[ QUOTE ]
Why, god? WHY????

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Who has a rock excavation their yard? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

jon593 03-10-2005 02:27 PM

i would start off by kicking the [censored] out of the neighbor

dr. klopek 03-10-2005 02:53 PM

They're tearing up the driveway. The sound of heavy machinery dropping me-sized chunks of concrete into a dumpster doesn't exactly lull you back to sleep. So I guess I'm up now. Good thing I stayed up til 5:30 losing all that money.

jakethebake 03-10-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're tearing up the driveway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok. Rock excavation sounded like he had a quarry in his backyard or something.

Freakin 03-10-2005 04:31 PM

Worst I ever experienced is the day after my 22nd b-day. I was drinking until at least 3 or 4, passed out, and expected to sleep through the next day. At about 7 AM (or whenever the legal time is in Seattle proper) my landlord started up the table saw in my backyard so he could begin work on his new garage. That was probably the most painful experience of my life.

Freakin

fatmongo 03-10-2005 04:51 PM

I work nights and sleep days. Room is upstairs. Last year my parents decided to have the roof redone with new plywood and shingles. No sleep that week. Lame.

jakethebake 03-10-2005 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I work nights and sleep days. Room is upstairs. Last year my parents decided to have the roof redone with new plywood and shingles. No sleep that week. Lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring back the old avatar!

dr. klopek 03-10-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would start off by kicking the [censored] out of the neighbor

[/ QUOTE ]

She doesn't look like much of a fighter. Plus, she's gone. Who the hell would sleep where there is going to be a driveway excavation in the morning??

shant 03-10-2005 09:55 PM

My apartment when I used to live in SF had a vacant lot next to it that our kitchen looked out into. One day they started building a hotel and didn't stop for months. It was a nice wake-up every morning. The best part was watching our view turn into a cement wall.