Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   getting pushed out on the river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387785)

11-29-2005 05:58 PM

getting pushed out on the river

hi, i've been lurking around the forums for about a month now. i'm learning everyday. you guys are great.

time for my first post and first hand. don't have that much of a read, but mp3 was tearing apart the table, playing alot of hands, raising about every 10th pf, post flop semi-aggressive. he seems to be on a very lucky day. anyways, here's the hand:

i think that one of my many leaks is getting pushed out at the river. here is a hand. please comment on the river, but also on the other streets.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

i normally would not have called here, but this time i tried to. what do you think?

11-29-2005 06:01 PM

Re: getting pushed out on the river

I like the call. If for nothing else you can note how he played the hand for future reference.

MrWookie47 11-29-2005 06:07 PM

Welcome to the forums. This pot is large enough for me to call. I fully expect to see the fourth A about 50% of the time, and KK/QQ 40% of the time.

silly_monkey 11-29-2005 06:09 PM

I think you should take a WA/WB line here. C/C flop, C/C turn, B/F river. Either you are ahead and he is drawing thin, or you are drawing dead. If his pfr is 10 percent, I think you can probably put him on 99-KK, A10-AKs, AQo and maybe AJo, KQs, and maybe a few other hands. You are drawing dead to the vast majority of these hands.

MrWookie47 11-29-2005 06:10 PM

Hero is never WA here. Villain has at least 6 outs virtually every time. He might be WB, though.

11-29-2005 06:11 PM

*** grunch ***

I probably re-raise the river here. It looks like he might be bluffing. The only 2 hands you have to worry about are a higher pocket pair or if he has is a 6. Few people at this level can resist the urge to raise a full house on the flop. I think you are ahead here more often or not.

I think it would take a ton of restraint for him to wait until the river to raise you. To me, it looks like a random bluff attempt and I squeeze him for it.

silly_monkey 11-29-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is never WA here. Villain has at least 6 outs virtually every time. He might be WB, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess WA is villan has 3 outs or fewer? What line do you take then?

MrWookie47 11-29-2005 06:16 PM

WA is typically when your opponent has 3 outs or fewer, yes. Some might draw the line at 4, but any more starts to become significant.

As for a line, I'm not sure I like the flop donk, but a c/r could be very expensive. It partially depends on my read of the villain. Will he raise me with a worse hand on the flop? Does he like to slowplay? Does he take free cards? I'd consider c/c on the flop, donk the turn to prevent him taking a free card w/ KQ.

11-29-2005 06:18 PM

normally, i fold here. i put him on Ax ot high PP.

MrWookie47 11-29-2005 06:19 PM

Oh, yeah, no way am I 3betting that river.