Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   spewing here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360036)

dopp16 10-18-2005 08:40 AM

spewing here?

15/30 Live hand

Villain sees me as a tight player, he is relatively new to the table although I had played with him before.

I was MP with JJ
Fold to me I raise

Villain next to me (Solid Player on a bit of a run) 3-bets
Blinds Fold I cap he calls

Flop: 10d 8h 6c

I bet, HJ raises, I three bet he calls

Turn: Ad

I check, he bets, I raise, He three bets, I call

River 10s

I check, he bets, I raise, he folds

Spewing here? I thought he may have turned a diamond draw and so CR'ed. Didn't like the call and really think I should have probably folded the 3-bet turn. I wouldn't be posting this hand unless I thought I messed it up

newhizzle 10-18-2005 08:59 AM

Re: spewing here?

i really dont like this, what makes you think think he picked up a flush draw?

i dont think your folding a bigger pair very often either

i also really dont like the river, i dont think it works very often

my standard for the turn is bet/fold, or bet/call down depending on villain

sean c 10-18-2005 09:13 AM

A diamond draw? Your kidding right? I would like you to name one hand your ahead of that this player 3-bets with. Remember you said he views you as tight and you also said you have played with him before so you should have a range he 3-bets with here. My guess is the answer is not many.

dopp16 10-18-2005 09:15 AM

KQ of diamonds doesnt raise the turn?

He is a player that loves to isolate preflop, I understand that an a/k is just as likely, but then tell me what he folds on the river....AJ? maybe AQ, no way Ace/king, maybe qq or kk

Chaos_ult 10-18-2005 09:19 AM

It sure looks like you're way behind. I bet/fold the turn.

What is he 3-betting preflop, and 3-betting the turn with that you're ahead of?

You say he views you as a tight player.

dopp16 10-18-2005 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I would do 9 times out of ten....I guess my post really meant....what did he lay down on the river?

newhizzle 10-18-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is what I would do 9 times out of ten....I guess my post really meant....what did he lay down on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really really dont think it was a flush draw, i actually think you got him to lay down the best hand here, but it cost you a lot of bets and i dont think you play works nearly often enough to be profitable

dopp16 10-18-2005 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i really really dont think it was a flush draw, i actually think you got him to lay down the best hand here, but it cost you a lot of bets and i dont think you play works nearly often enough to be profitable

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me tell you that he did have the KQ d

SeaEagle 10-18-2005 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain sees me as a tight player

[/ QUOTE ]
How does he see you post flop? How do you see his postflop play?

Your play indicates that you think he's extremely aggressive, bordering on maniac - you counted on him to bet after you 3-bet the flop and you still counted on him to bluff bet the river after you c/red the turn (since your c/r is losing to any reasonable piece of the board).

Likewise, his play indicates that he thinks you'll 3-bet and c/r with little or nothing (and/or will fold mediocre holdings to pressure).

If you're truly new to each other, then I think both sides played this hand abysmally.

newhizzle 10-18-2005 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me tell you that he did have the KQ d

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, i really hate the way he played his hand, did you see him as maniacal before this hand?