Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Did you Like Napolean Dynamite? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=178342)

admo415 01-17-2005 12:20 AM

Did you Like Napolean Dynamite?

admo415 01-17-2005 12:33 AM

Re: Did you Like Napolean Dynamite?

I think it is a love it or hate it movie

deacsoft 01-17-2005 01:14 AM

You forgot the "I haven't seen it yet" option in your poll. It's one I've heard all about and think I'll enjoy. It's on my list of "things to do" right now.

admo415 01-17-2005 01:23 AM

True, I hope you enjoy it, I for one love it

deacsoft 01-17-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
True, I hope you enjoy it, I for one love it

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks... I just might.

Vince Young 01-17-2005 02:15 AM

It's in the top 5 worst movies ever, as well as unfunny comedies ever.

Nagoo81 01-17-2005 10:41 AM

Vince - If you don't mind me asking, may I ask what are your top 5 funniest movies? Just so we see where you're coming from.

David04 01-17-2005 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's in the top 5 worst movies ever

[/ QUOTE ]
Like anyone could ever know that.

Michael Emery 01-17-2005 01:57 PM

Napolean Dynamite was pretty terrible. If its on anyone else's "things to see" list I would advise choosing another movie. Vince didnt reply yet with his list of the top 5 comedies. Here is how everyone should see it:

1.) Roadtrip
2.) Kingpin
3.) Anger Management
4.) Caddyshack
5.) All 3 of the American Pie's

Mike Emery

admo415 01-17-2005 02:26 PM

Your just jeolous that I have been chatting to babes online all day

beernutz 01-17-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Napolean Dynamite was pretty terrible. If its on anyone else's "things to see" list I would advise choosing another movie. Vince didnt reply yet with his list of the top 5 comedies. Here is how everyone should see it:

1.) Roadtrip
2.) Kingpin
3.) Anger Management
4.) Caddyshack

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

These are your top 5 lame comedies? I wholeheartedly agree. Well, except for Caddyshack that is.

SheridanCat 01-17-2005 03:44 PM

It's too bad they promoted this as some kind of hilarious comedy. It's a set of sketches of quirky people. The sketches aren't hilarious, they're just amusing and sometimes a little sad. There's no plot, really. If you go to it expecting a laugh riot you'll be very disappointed.

Regards,

T

admo415 01-17-2005 06:01 PM

I think that is a great point, I know that people who haven't seen it yet, but want to see it because their friends all said it was great. But what they think the movie is, and what it actually is is two very different things.

BWebb 01-17-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the early year. Well done.

Michael Emery 01-17-2005 06:28 PM

Beernutz-

If you can only find Caddyshack out of that list funny you must be an old timer. Have you seen any of the rest? How is Roadtrip not number one on yours or anyones list? But I'm right there with you, Caddyshack is damn good.

BWebb 01-17-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1.) Roadtrip-Haven't seen
2.) Kingpin-Only funny because of Murray
3.) Anger Management-One of the worst movies of all time.
4.) Caddyshack-Classic.
5.) All 3 of the American Pie's-First one, rest sucked, especially Wedding.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

beernutz 01-17-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beernutz-

If you can only find Caddyshack out of that list funny you must be an old timer. Have you seen any of the rest? How is Roadtrip not number one on yours or anyones list? But I'm right there with you, Caddyshack is damn good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old timer, sheesh, guilty as charged I guess. And yes, unfortunately I've seen all those flicks and I stand my original assertion. Just to be fair I'll give you an opportunity to take a shot at my quickly constructed top 5 list. In no particular order:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Duck Soup
Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Sleeper

Have at it.

mostsmooth 01-18-2005 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

1.) Roadtrip
2.) Kingpin
3.) Anger Management
4.) Caddyshack

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]
ive seen a few of those , some are pretty good, but i have a hard time putting them in any order. although ive seen caddy shack literally at least 100 times, so thats gotta be near the top
how about, in no particular order,
-half baked
-harold and kumar go to whitecastle
-jay and silent bob strike back
-supertroopers
-theres something about mary

Michael Emery 01-18-2005 12:34 AM

Beernutz-

To my total amazement I actually havent seen one of your top five movies. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] And I'm a big movie fan. I'm only 21 though and I generally only see what comes out in theaters. I'm guessing most those movies came out awhile ago. I scribbled down that list though and am going to try to get around to see some of them. Mostsmooth named a movie in his top five that I almost included in mine, Super Troopers. If you havent seen that its worth watching.

MCS 01-18-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. nh.

(But isn't it "even" and not "ever"?)

MarkL444 01-18-2005 04:32 AM

anyone who liked this movie should be slapped in the face.

jlpadge21 01-18-2005 05:48 AM

A whole movie designed around a dork putting on a dance show? No thanks.
This movie was pure hype.

Big Lebowski
Friday
Old School

Asforenotyetmentioned.

MikeyEdge 01-18-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3.) Anger Management

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think anyone actually saw that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you must be joking.

Napoleon Dynamite was indeed Dynamite. I'll admit, you need a certain sense of humor to appreciate it, but the movie is hilarious. Not the top 5 best comedy's of all time, but it could crack the top 10 on a good day.

pokerwisc 01-18-2005 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is a love it or hate it movie

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think you can put it any better than this. i loved it, personally, because it hit my sense of humor. a friend i watched it with hated it and had to leave.

dibbs 01-19-2005 03:59 AM

I agree with another poster who basically stated this movie was marketed/promoted in an odd way. To put it in the same category as movies like Anger Management,Caddyshack, Dodgeball, Old School etc. etc. just doesn't seem right.
Those who enjoyed this movie most certainly are those who posess a very certain type of humor, and probably in their life have at somepoint known somebody who resembles characters in the movie.
I thought the pure awkward/completely foreign lifestyle and dialogue portrayed in the movie was absolutely brilliant, and the only thing in film recently that really rivals the burning satire of the greater Simpsons writers. Even so, I feel the movie is a very satirical documentary more than a comedy. While the characters are hilarious, it's still a depressing look at certain areas and lifestyles in the US. I don't know, it's different that's for sure.
I loved it, one of the most original films I've seen in a while.

All this being said, I totally see how people hate it so much.

JMO.

MarkL444 01-19-2005 05:05 AM

my roommate got a Nap Dyn watch as a promo. it was of similar quality to a kids meal watch. when you pressed a button it said "idiot". he sold it on eBay for over $50. people are [censored] stupid.

(i just want to again mention this is one of the worst movies ever. people think its cool because its different. they think that they are supposed to think its cool for whatever reasons. its [censored] not.

DMBFan23 01-19-2005 03:12 PM

Top 5 comedies, the real damn list

in no particular order:

old school
clerks
supertroopers
the jerk
happy gilmore

with honorable mentions to billy madison and half baked.

napoleon dynamite was funny as hell, not top 5, but f-ing hilarious. I have a vote for Pedro T-shirt. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: I havent seen harold and kumar or the big lebowski. so they might oust one of the top 5, probably the jerk.

TripleH68 01-19-2005 07:10 PM

This movie was a -1 on a scale of one to ten. Really.

Larimani 01-19-2005 07:31 PM

Pure rubbish

JoeC 01-20-2005 01:41 AM

Big Lebowski is the most overrated movie of all time.

Haven't seen Friday but it looks pretty funny.

Wasn't a huge fan of Old School, but I just don't get Will Ferrell like most people do.

Sorry to pick on your list... I'm just pissed I finally rented Big Lebowski last week after hearing everyone rave about it, and was just looking for an excuse to bitch about it.

JoeC 01-20-2005 01:42 AM

2nd guy in the thread to mention Anger Management... it's really that good? I guess I need to rent that.

MarkL444 01-20-2005 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2nd guy in the thread to mention Anger Management... it's really that good? I guess I need to rent that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i consider it the worst movie ive ever seen

JoeC 01-20-2005 02:25 AM

Now I have to see it.

I seriously doubt it can touch The Cable Guy or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in terms of crappiness though.

pshreck 01-20-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to not rent it. Worst Sandler movie ever, period, and he has made some bad ones.

rerazor 01-20-2005 01:21 PM

My list:
Dumb n Dumber
Tommy Boy
Kingpin
Stuck on you

I just saw Stuck on You this weekend, and it was surprisingly really funny. Greg Kinnear was born to do comedy like that. I limited my list to 4 cause no other movie does it for me.

I'd like to give a special thumbs down to Dodgeball...it could have been good but the screenplay was just poorly written.

mostsmooth 01-20-2005 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to not rent it. Worst Sandler movie ever, period, and he has made some bad ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
worse than little nicky? is that possible?

KingMedicine 01-20-2005 03:07 PM

try a little bottle rocket to spice up your life.

if you get bottle rocket, youll get napolean.

you ever take that bike off any sweet jumps?

admo415 01-21-2005 03:34 AM

The movie is more than just about a dance scene however...

mostsmooth 01-22-2005 03:15 AM

im watching anger management right now, its not noticeably funny

LondonBroil 01-28-2005 01:51 AM

Hystercial movie. It's even funnier afterwards when your quoting the lines from it every day. "What would YOU do in that situation?!"