Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   HBOs Rome Anyone Watching? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330631)

MrTrik 09-06-2005 06:44 AM

HBOs Rome Anyone Watching?

I've watched the first two episodes and am impressed so far.

Like most HBO projects this one seems well done. Power, Sex, Revenge.

Anyone watching -- what do you think so far?

codewarrior 09-06-2005 07:47 AM

Re: HBOs Rome Anyone Watching?

Other than Julius Ceasar was blonde and balding, it's pretty damn good.

unreal_nh 09-06-2005 07:53 AM

wish i had HBO

codewarrior 09-06-2005 08:00 AM

We have it free for a month or something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Then's it's back to cable envy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Los Feliz Slim 09-06-2005 10:08 AM

I thought it was OK, if a little convoluted. Who knew there was so much sex going on in ancient Rome?

I trusted HBO before and worked so hard to enjoy Carnivale that I'm very wary. I would be surprised if this show is a success - they're spending crazy money on it and I would think the market is limited.

HopeydaFish 09-06-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've watched the first two episodes and am impressed so far.

Like most HBO projects this one seems well done. Power, Sex, Revenge.

Anyone watching -- what do you think so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like it. It's definitely better than 99% of the crap that the networks are putting out. After two episodes, it has me hooked.

samjjones 09-06-2005 10:29 AM

Its good. Also, every review I read leading up to this show debuting said that the first two episodes were BY FAR the worst and most boring of the entire run...so I am really looking forward to the rest.

HopeydaFish 09-06-2005 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its good. Also, every review I read leading up to this show debuting said that the first two episodes were BY FAR the worst and most boring of the entire run...so I am really looking forward to the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're introducing the characters and setting up the plot, so it's no surprise that the first two episodes might be a little slower than the rest of the series. That being said, I found the first two episodes to be very good. If the next episodes will be even better, that's gravy.

samjjones 09-06-2005 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're introducing the characters and setting up the plot, so it's no surprise that the first two episodes might be a little slower than the rest of the series. That being said, I found the first two episodes to be very good. If the next episodes will be even better, that's gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. Looks like Titus is going to end up siding with Caesar, and Lucius will reluctantly side with Pompey. Also, as an aside...I WISH I COULD BREAST FEED ON LUCIUS' WIFE. My God.

Brain 09-06-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep. Looks like Titus is going to end up siding with Caesar, and Lucius will reluctantly side with Pompey. Also, as an aside...I WISH I COULD BREAST FEED ON LUCIUS' WIFE. My God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, Sam. You know how it goes!
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...24/useless.gif