Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Spoof PStars email? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=308436)

Homer 08-05-2005 12:48 PM

Spoof PStars email?

I just got this email. Anyone know what this is about? I didn't ask for a password reset and this doesn't appear to be from Poker Stars.

"Dear PokerStars player,

Your temporary password is XXXXXXXXX. For security reasons, you will be prompted to select a new password once you log on. Please contact support@TestPokerStars.com if you need assistance.

PokerStars Support"

timprov 08-05-2005 12:55 PM

Re: Spoof PStars email?

testpokerstars.com seems to be registered to the same people as pokerstars.com.

I'd send Stars support an email and ask them.

marsvolta619 08-05-2005 01:03 PM

They didn't really ask you to give them a password, so I dunno

GrannyMae 08-05-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got this email. Anyone know what this is about? I didn't ask for a password reset and this doesn't appear to be from Poker Stars.

"Dear PokerStars player,

Your temporary password is XXXXXXXXX. For security reasons, you will be prompted to select a new password once you log on. Please contact support@TestPokerStars.com if you need assistance.

PokerStars Support"

[/ QUOTE ]

no guess on your PW reset. maybe someone is homer at another site and is trying to re-activate at stars(yes i am too trusting)

as far as testpokerstars, there is a pop-up in the lobby about this site. pop-up is encouraging people to play there. i have not clicked the link to see what they are doing tho.

timprov 08-05-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Dear PokerStars player,

PokerStars Support"

[/ QUOTE ]

no guess on your PW reset. maybe someone is homer at another site and is trying to re-activate at stars(yes i am too trusting)

as far as testpokerstars, there is a pop-up in the lobby about this site. pop-up is encouraging people to play there. i have not clicked the link to see what they are doing tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking at the testpokerstars website, it looks to me like someone went over there, entered the wrong user name, and you got sent a password for it.

Ro-me-ro 08-05-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the testpokerstars website, it looks to me like someone went over there, entered the wrong user name, and you got sent a password for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correcto. Yes it is a legitimate email. No you don't have anything to worry about unless you want to win play money at a 2-1 convertion rate on our test site [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]