Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AKo hand, bloated pot (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287958)

DavidC 07-07-2005 07:03 AM

AKo hand, bloated pot

The PF 3-bettor is TAA, with a little on the passive side for the preflop raises (after 1160 hands) (20/9/3).

The two limpers are very loose, pretty passive preflop, with one being relatively weak postflop and both being passive.

I think the PF is perfect. Please tell me if I'm wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm very open to comments on the post-flop play.

I haven't got a bloody clue what my plan is on the flop.

On the turn I'm drawing dead to JJ, dead to TT, though I don't believe he has that (though if he does, my hat's off, because he played it well, IMHO), I'm drawing to 6 outs vs QQ, 3 outs vs AJs (of which there are three hands), 4 outs vs AA, 7 outs vs KK, and that's about all I can think of right now... I'm pretty tired. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Oh yeah, AK I chop and AQ I'm ahead.

The turn play is therefore probably pretty good.

River play, again, probably just fine.

---

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

sekrah 07-07-2005 07:32 AM

Re: AKo hand, bloated pot

I think I lay this down on the turn.

Pot is okay, but he's definently got a hand!

It's possible he's holding two of your straight outs (Q-Q) or two of your pair outs (K-K or A-A). It's also just as plausible to be holding 10-10 or J-J (You're drawing dead!)

He's got hand, I definently fold this on the turn.

oreogod 07-07-2005 07:49 AM

The only hand u have a full six outs to is QQ. I drop this on the turn. If ur lucky he has AQ...he doesnt though. Ak is a chop, but I doubt he has that. Give the action and the fact that he continues betting...that should put a whole lot more emphasis on high pp or set. He probably opened with JJ-AA. combined at the most, u have 4 outs on a good day...probably more like 2-3 here. I fold the turn.

You're probably in bad shape to be drawing to top pair here.

I probably bet the flop like so, he raises, call and check/fold UI on the turn.

Jake (The Snake) 07-07-2005 07:58 AM

I suck at counting, nevemind

DavidC 07-07-2005 08:02 AM

Got here faster than you could edit, sucka! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

oreogod 07-07-2005 08:02 AM

Probably because I paid no attention to the T on the turn.

Jake (The Snake) 07-07-2005 08:02 AM

HAHA I CHANGED MY POST BEFORE YOU REPLIED!

Some say I'm eccentric.

oreogod 07-07-2005 08:04 AM

Damn it. I cant go back to see what u posted. What was wrong with the counting?

DavidC 07-07-2005 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn it. I cant go back to see what u posted. What was wrong with the counting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, you don't know the handshake.

oreogod 07-07-2005 08:07 AM

screw it, Im confused now. fing 4 am. Call the turn, fold the river. In my intial post I didnt read the board properly. I essentially misread that u also had a gutshot. My original reply is what I would do if u had no such outs on the turn.