Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   empire 5/10 stud hi. Peel fourth? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382518)

SNOWBALL138 11-21-2005 06:41 AM

empire 5/10 stud hi. Peel fourth?

I think if I make a pair of aces, they will be good. Also, villain will definitely pay off, and will also bet to the river w/ dubious hands. I don't think he's bluffing, so I don't plan on getting fancy anywhere down the line though. Does anyone peel fourth here?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

Seat 2: $397
Seat 4: $19.25
Hero: $217.50
Seat 8: $176

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (3.80 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.90 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (2.90 BB)

Michael Emery 11-21-2005 06:50 AM

Re: empire 5/10 stud hi. Peel fourth?

Peel away. The possibility of you catching a heart, a small pair that you can now continue on with due to your ace kicker, possibly pairing your door card and taking it down, or catching an ace and getting in a check-raise make it peel time. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Mike Emery

jon_1van 11-21-2005 09:50 AM

Any reason you don't complete that 4-handed?

I probably would. But I see no real reason why calling or completing is better. I just like to complete alot 4 handed.

Jeffage 11-21-2005 10:15 AM

Raise 3rd street in this shorthanded game. Then the hand will play much easier possibly.

Jeff

PoorLawyer 11-21-2005 01:03 PM

you have to think about raising 3rd here i think with your A overcard and it being short-handed. Could have been a completely different hand. Definitely would raise after the T completes on the 3rd. 4th I would take another card, but by 5th you are obviously pretty much dead in the water.

SNOWBALL138 11-22-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to think about raising 3rd here i think with your A overcard and it being short-handed. Could have been a completely different hand. Definitely would raise after the T completes on the 3rd. 4th I would take another card, but by 5th you are obviously pretty much dead in the water.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I agree with you.

I didn't raise initially because everyone behind me was often cold calling w/ anything. Also, they were very loose on 4th street and beyond. I thought that:

1. i couldn't steal
2. Making the pot bigger wouldn't significantly increase my chances of getting paid off later in the hand.

Is this a fair line of thought?

I didn't even think of raising the T after he completed. I thought he was very straightforward, had the T, and would go to this river with it UI.