Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How to play AK uimproved out of position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281726)

rory 06-27-2005 07:56 PM

How to play AK uimproved out of position

I do this a lot.

6 handed. 3 loose passive limpers to me, and I raise in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB folds, all three limpers call.

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, limper #1 checks, limper #2 bets, limper #3 calls, I call. limper #1 folds.
Turn is a T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check. Limper #2 bets, limper #3 folds, I fold.

Edit: err

Victor 06-27-2005 07:57 PM

Re: How to play AK uimproved out of position

me too. i hate losing with ak tho.

DMBFan23 06-27-2005 07:59 PM

rory,

ever check any made hands (against thinking opposition or otherwise?)

EDIT: I ask because I play it this way a lot

Nate tha' Great 06-27-2005 08:09 PM

This is a somewhat interesting example. Opponent could well be betting a draw, this is an excellent semi-bluff continuation card for him against opponents who have shown nothing but weakness, and it's now heads up. I think I'd take the opportunity to play sheriff and call him down on a non-straightening, non-club river.

rory 06-27-2005 08:19 PM

I agree.

aK13 06-27-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a somewhat interesting example. Opponent could well be betting a draw, this is an excellent semi-bluff continuation card for him against opponents who have shown nothing but weakness, and it's now heads up. I think I'd take the opportunity to play sheriff and call him down on a non-straightening, non-club river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this applies to anything outside high stakes limit. I doubt he's thinking that much into it =P. While I agree it could be a semi-bluff, I don't think he purposely bets the turn with the intention of everyone folding to him because "he has a T". I think he just wants them to fold, for any reason.

rory 06-27-2005 08:22 PM

It is important to try to check-raise sometimes with your made hands once you build up the pot preflop in order to knock people out. I think you should be checking a lot after showing strength out of the blinds, no matter what you have and what flops.

DMBFan23 06-27-2005 08:25 PM

word to yo moms. I'll try and mix this in. I'm still too much of an autobettor (though by no means do I autobet)