Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Padooki/Badugi forum - Can we set one up? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376809)

MarkGritter 11-12-2005 03:23 AM

Re: Padooki/Badugi forum - Can we set one up?

[ QUOTE ]

So is Studuki not poker? Half-poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. That's an interesting one. Maybe 5/9ths poker?

Soko is an obvious example of non-standard hand rankings that I should have remembered. Sokugi, anyone?

timprov 11-12-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sokugi, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not convinced 5-card stud is suited to any hi/lo split. Sokugi would be a great action game if you could ever get the rules through to the fish, though.

timprov 11-12-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4/7ths poker, obviously.

randomstumbl 11-12-2005 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Soko is an obvious example of non-standard hand rankings that I should have remembered. Sokugi, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is A(2) the best starting hand, all else being equal? Or is it still going to be AA?

bugstud 11-12-2005 03:30 AM

I would post some hands from the days leading up to magoo, but I don't remember much. me mostly drawing 3 to a 4 and making the wheel against cdc and the like

timprov 11-12-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sokugi, anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is A(2) the best starting hand, all else being equal? Or is it still going to be AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Presuming there's a qualifier (three-card hands can't win low) A(K) is probably better than A(2). Usually any badugi will be good enough to win half. AA will still be way ahead, though.

dibbs 11-12-2005 04:58 AM

While I feel several other splits have been incredibly necessary, creating a new Badugi forum would be a waste.

The residents here will help you out a great deal, and the forum should have no problem handling the traffic.

beset7 11-12-2005 05:45 AM

We've had discussions about Brag, Tonk, Gin Rummy and Hearts here at one time or another if my memory doesn't fail me. Brag resembles poker i guess. Most of those discussion probably should have been in Other Gambling but they make sense here somehow.

Luv2DriveTT 11-12-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would post some hands from the days leading up to magoo, but I don't remember much. me mostly drawing 3 to a 4 and making the wheel against cdc and the like

[/ QUOTE ]

How donktastic of you! At least now we have another game to add to the rotation next time I come to town.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Chris Daddy Cool 11-12-2005 05:51 PM

bugstud is the sickest padooki player ever. i, on the other hand, am clearly one of hte worst.