Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   KQs - turn chase? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391866)

pokernicus 12-05-2005 02:30 PM

KQs - turn chase?

Recently joined table, so no real reads. Comments on flop and turn play are especially welcome.

2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

shark6 12-05-2005 02:35 PM

Re: KQs - turn chase?

I'd check the flop.

You bet PF because you have a pot equity edge. However, with that flop you no longer have a pot equity edge and you aren't folding out 3 cold callers plus the BB. So check/call flop, check/fold turn UI unless you have odds to continue.

KNOCKAHOMA 12-05-2005 02:45 PM

Semi-bluffing with 2 overs and a gut shot on the flop is OK, but after being raised I may have folded on the flop. I definetly check/fold the turn. Looks like you probally pulled in some chips when the Q hit, but over the long haul chasing=losing.

MrEngenic 12-05-2005 02:56 PM

Flop is so so, lot's of players and you don't want to be raised. Turn call is fine you only need 5 outs to continue.

I'm not sure what to do on the river if I hit. Probably check/raise a straight, check/call a Q and bet a K.
I'm interested in what others have to say about donking a Q. I generally don't like donking

brettbrettr 12-05-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what to do on the river if I hit. Probably check/raise a straight, check/call a Q and bet a K.
I'm interested in what others have to say about donking a Q. I generally don't like donking

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm more inclined to checkraise a stright and a queen, and bet a king.

MrEngenic 12-05-2005 03:13 PM

Checkraise a Q? I'm not sure I would be so gutsy isn't that taking it a bit too far? What if he 3bets. Fold? I hate checkraising river and folding to a 3bet with decent hands.

krimson 12-05-2005 03:23 PM

I think the turn "chase" is the most obvious part of this hand? 4 fully clean outs to a gutshot, and the overs are worth 3-4. Getting 1:8.25 in a HU pot, easy call.

Flop i'm not so sure, with all those players who cold-called two acting after me I may just c/c this. The pot is too big to really imagine your shaking off any dominating hands here unless you think AQ will fold for 1 bet.

River looks good, he may not like the overcard that just fell, and i'd rather go 1-2 bets then 0-3.

brettbrettr 12-05-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraise a Q? I'm not sure I would be so gutsy isn't that taking it a bit too far? What if he 3bets. Fold? I hate checkraising river and folding to a 3bet with decent hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, what 3-betting hands here do you possibly beat? If you c/r a queen here, its a very easy fold to a raise. If you can't find the fold button, then just bet. But not being able to fold there is not good.

I don't often advocate a raise then fold for one more bet. I think its overused round here and some folks get a bit too carried away. But I think this could be a good spot for it....

12-05-2005 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Semi-bluffing with 2 overs and a gut shot on the flop is OK, but after being raised I may have folded on the flop. I definetly check/fold the turn. Looks like you probally pulled in some chips when the Q hit, but over the long haul chasing=losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the flop raise your getting like 1:13 to call back that raise, with two overs and a gutshot. I cant imagine folding there.

gopnik 12-05-2005 04:07 PM

cannot fold the turn, you are getting better than 8:1 odds with 4 clean outs and 6 dirty outs. So, with a discount, have 7 outs. It would be a bad fold getting 8:1 with 7 outs.