Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Looking for a coach. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375964)

bicyclekick 11-13-2005 07:46 PM

Re: Looking for a coach.

[ QUOTE ]
Give me an email at boxingnunn@aol.com for info i would rather not disguss here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, trust a guy with 1 post and also spells discuss disguss. Yeah good one.

bicyclekick 11-13-2005 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys wouldn't do it for like $1,000 an hour?

All I was saying is that I'm sure someone could pay you enough to do it. I don't know why I remember thinking you ever coached.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to write that actually but took it out. Yes. I would coach somebody for $1000 per hour. I just can't see it being worth it for them is all.

rory 11-13-2005 09:54 PM

I might be willing to take you on for a month or so, depending on what it is you are looking for. I've been depressed lately so I haven't been playing but I'm sure I can still analyze hands effectively. I might be too noob to actually teach you anything though.

Schneids 11-13-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be willing to take you on for a month or so, depending on what it is you are looking for. I've been depressed lately so I haven't been playing but I'm sure I can still analyze hands effectively. I might be too noob to actually teach you anything though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rory usually outplayed me in pots when we played together I <3 him.

Surfbullet 11-13-2005 11:31 PM

if you are coming out of coaching retirement send me a PM i'll hire you for a few sessions.

Surf

krishanleong 11-14-2005 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you are coming out of coaching retirement send me a PM i'll hire you for a few sessions.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Me too.

Krishan

Jeff W 11-14-2005 01:00 AM

How much do most coaches charge? I am reminded of Groucho Marx: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

I've been approached a few times for coaching on a pay basis, but I have declined because I'd have to charge a prohibitively high rate to make it worth my while.

Lmn55d 11-14-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been approached a few times for coaching on a pay basis, but I have declined

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff, all the cool kids are doing it. Do you want to be cool? If so PM me and we can set up a session.

ghostface 11-14-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Rob. Make a video of your next session and post it. I'll definitely look it over for you (others probably will too).

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE DO THIS.

Hide your sn ro whatever but it will help us a lot too. Or me anyways.

Surfbullet 11-14-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do most coaches charge? I am reminded of Groucho Marx: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on who you are coaching and what limit they play. From what I've seen, most vary between $50-$150/hr. Some do flat rates, like $300 for a block of hands analyzed, etc.

It's still usually less $ than the coach would make playing, but it would be pretty prohibitive to charge one's hourly rate since most wouldn't be able to afford it.

Surf