Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   25-50, KK, I am lost on the turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354672)

creedofhubris 10-10-2005 04:56 PM

25-50, KK, I am lost on the turn

Decent player open raises from UTG+1. One caller. I make it 3 bets from MP+1 with KK. BB calls, UTG caps, four to a flop.

Flop:

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, everyone calls.

Turn:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I check, another player, who is tight/passive and has 100 behind after the bet, bets, a fold, UTG raises.

At this point, it's 100 to me into a 900 pot. I am certain that I am behind and have no idea what my outs are (besides the A.)

Comments? Suggestions?

About the only street I'm sure of is preflop.

Borodog 10-10-2005 05:09 PM

Re: 25-50, KK, I am lost on the turn

The best case scenario is that you have 3 outs to split the pot. I'd fold.

10-10-2005 05:13 PM

call for a stiraght and fold river UI. Looks like your up against a set here, JJ QQ. If someone already had the goods with AK so be it

Borodog 10-10-2005 05:22 PM

I could see this call better without the tight, passive player who just came alive behind me. I think the chances that you are going to get jammed in makes this a fold. But I'm a pussy.

By the way, I lead the turn. Maybe I'm dumb, as well as a pussy.

Borodog 10-10-2005 05:25 PM

Wait a minute. The turn action makes no sense. Hero should have position according to the PF action. How does the "tight, passive" player bet after Hero checks?

If I have position, I check behind on the turn, as the only legitimate capping hand I'm against that I can still beat is the other KK, maybe AQs, depending on what he thinks of my 3 bets.

goofball 10-10-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best case scenario is that you have 3 outs to split the pot. I'd fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like the worst case scenario, maybe the most likely scenario too, but still.

10-10-2005 05:28 PM

edit: foget this, wasn't lookin at position

ihardlyknowher 10-10-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Decent player open raises from UTG+1. One caller. I make it 3 bets from MP+1 with KK. BB calls, UTG caps, four to a flop.

Flop:

J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise, everyone calls.

Turn:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG checks, I check, another player, who is tight/passive and has 100 behind after the bet, bets, a fold, UTG raises.

At this point, it's 100 to me into a 900 pot. I am certain that I am behind and have no idea what my outs are (besides the A.)

Comments? Suggestions?

About the only street I'm sure of is preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet the turn.

geormiet 10-10-2005 05:33 PM

If utg has reasonable capping standards, you can't beat anything he has, and like you said, you don't know what your outs are if any.

i really like your turn check, and I think you can fold it getting 9:1 here.

The only part that I don't like is that utg is in a great position to knock you out of the pot, but after his pf cap I don't see him having anything like AQ or KQ.

Borodog 10-10-2005 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tight passive players usually wont bet AK here but try to slowplay it, looks much more like AQ and I suspect he just calls the raise. UTG I have on QQ JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Boggle. Are you saying that "tight, passive" players won't bet <font color="black">the nuts</font> on the turn 3 handed with a flush draw on the board against two players who have been aggressively betting and raising?