Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   3/6 hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=249437)

Goat_boy 05-10-2005 03:28 PM

3/6 hand

Hello,
First post, so forgive my stupidity.

Hero has AQd in BB.
MP3 is 41/9.3/1.35 after 10 hands,
CO(posted BB) is 69/0/0.64 after 40 hands,
Button is 9.3/1.9/3.0 after 40 hands.

PF: 5 fold, MP3 calls, CO checks, button calls, SB folds,
Hero(?) raises, all call
(8SB)

Flop: Qc 5c 9c
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, 3 call
(11SB)

Turn: 7h
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, 3 call
(9.5BB)

River: Qs
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, button folds, hero calls, MP3 folds

Final pot: 11.5 BB

Comments on how i should have played this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

nervous 05-10-2005 03:33 PM

Re: 3/6 hand

Bet the flop, turn, and river.

Octopus 05-10-2005 03:34 PM

Pre-flop is fine. (Edit: strike that. Pre-flop is automatic.)

Bet the flop. Having checked the flop, raise the flop.

(Depending on what happened on the flop:) Bet the turn.

Who knows what the situation is by the river if you had shown some aggression, but I do not hate a bluff inducing check-call there.

Goat_boy 05-10-2005 03:39 PM

In HEPFAP, Sklansky recommends check calling top pair on multiway 3-flush flop until confident no flush about.

I guess this doesn't apply on Party 3/6.

QTip 05-10-2005 03:48 PM

Here's the scoop

Please note the 2nd link was incorrect, and I corrected it later in the thread in response to JackDaniels catching it.

Octopus 05-10-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In HEPFAP, Sklansky recommends check calling top pair on multiway 3-flush flop until confident no flush about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lot's of things change when your opponents do ... illogical ... things. That siad, where in HEPFAP does he talk about this? I'd like to see what he says.

If I play aggressively and someone flopped a flush, he is getting an extra SB or BB out of me. If no one did, I get the same, or more, out of them. A flush draw is way more likely than a flush. I'd like to collect some bets from them. (Or, if I am really lucky, have them all be baby flush draws and get them to fold.)

Rex Ruthless 05-10-2005 04:15 PM

you're assuming someone has flopped a flush; be more aggressive and assume they are drawing to one and make them pay; if you get raised on the flop, I would bet they are on a draw - seems like more often than not if they flopped the flush, they will wait until the turn to raise.

Goat_boy 05-10-2005 04:44 PM

Right, i should bet more.

and fold to the turn raise.
But would you bet out on turn if raised on flop by "perhaps LPP"?

KDawgCometh 05-10-2005 04:54 PM

you need to bet that flop, no doubt. If you get raised I think a peel might be correct, as many times people will riase with with just a high club. Fold if a fourth club comes

alul 05-10-2005 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're assuming someone has flopped a flush; be more aggressive and assume they are drawing to one and make them pay; if you get raised on the flop, I would bet they are on a draw - seems like more often than not if they flopped the flush, they will wait until the turn to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If somebody flopped a small flush, he will probably raise the flop, so will flush draw. A big flush can wait till turn. I would check-raise the turn, fold to reraise, the flush draw will not (most probably) rerase you on the turn.