Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   offical UFC 55: fury thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352835)

KDawgCometh 10-07-2005 09:42 PM

offical UFC 55: fury thread

It starts in less then a half hour. Probably the biggest match we are looking at is Forrest Griffen against Elvis Sinosic. This is by no means an easy match as Sinosic beat Jeremy Horn a few years ago in what was supposed to be a warm up match for Horn. Looking forward to this. If I wasn't playing right now I'd do updates

Army Eye 10-07-2005 10:30 PM

Re: offical UFC 55: fury thread

Could see an upset here. Sinosic is a damn good submissions fighter and Forrest is still pretty green, in terms of who he's fought.. Sinosic has fought a lot more elite guys.

KDawgCometh 10-07-2005 10:39 PM

I agree, Elvis Sinosic is a very good fighter with his losses being only to extremely good competetition. So far through the first two fights(only part way through the babalu/sonnen match) it looks like a good PPV so far

flatline 10-08-2005 12:21 AM

This didn't seem like a big enough card to pony up the cash, so I am just going to grab the torrent when I can. I just want to see Hughes destroy whoever he fights. Damn, that guy is an insane badass.

KDawgCometh 10-08-2005 02:35 AM

it was a good show. Not one single match on the main card went past the second round, so we get a finish in every main match

hoyaboy1 10-08-2005 03:02 AM

Honestly, I thought it pretty poor. Only 2 of those fighters would rank in the top 10 overall at their weight class, and none of the fights were particularly competitive. Paul Buentello in a heavyweight title match? Sean Gannon? It was sad. UFC needs a lot more talent if they hope to get to the next level.

Boris 10-08-2005 05:01 PM

That was the most devestating kick to the testicles I've ever seen.

slickpoppa 10-09-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I thought it pretty poor. Only 2 of those fighters would rank in the top 10 overall at their weight class, and none of the fights were particularly competitive. Paul Buentello in a heavyweight title match? Sean Gannon? It was sad. UFC needs a lot more talent if they hope to get to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much, but Sean Gannon's bare knuckle fight versus Kimbo was pretty badass.

Boris 10-09-2005 05:00 AM

where did you find it?

Roybert 10-09-2005 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to see Hughes destroy whoever he fights. Damn, that guy is an insane badass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baddest man on the planet.