Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who 3-bets the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=296968)

jon_1van 07-20-2005 05:04 PM

Who 3-bets the river?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.94 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.94 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises

River - (18.94 BB)

Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (22.94 BB)

Roland 07-20-2005 05:21 PM

Re: Who 3-bets the river?

I do. He’s either just getting stupid with a flush, or he has rolled kings or, less likely, buried jacks for the set. Either way, he couldn’t beat your hand on 6th and his cards are pretty damn dead.

lstream 07-20-2005 05:28 PM

I do - seems to me he hit a flush on sixth and puts you on trip sixes. I cannot think of a good reason not to raise here. Unless of course you think he had rolled kings and is capable of slow playing on you. Even then he could not have you beat on sixth when he woke up. Therefore I would still raise.

theben 07-20-2005 05:43 PM

i;d cap the crap out of this river. the play of his hand reads flush all over it. it would be very hard for you to lose this one

zoidswallet 07-20-2005 05:47 PM

I also cap this one all the way to the bank. I quietly chuckle to myself when I see him reraise on the river too.

jon_1van 07-20-2005 06:21 PM

Yeah, right after I clicked call I thought...I should have thought about that first.

vintage_sara 07-20-2005 06:36 PM

I three bet the river here. The action dictates to me that he most likely has a made hand on 6th, which would be a flush. What's the worst that can happen? You loose another two bets with a full house. Unless, it's a player whom I believe is very tight and knowledgeable, I am raising every time.

jon_1van 07-20-2005 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the worst that can happen? You loose another two bets with a full house

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a bit of sarcasm....ALL THE 2/4 PLAYERS ARE ROCKS. You would know this if you played there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

vintage_sara 07-20-2005 06:53 PM

Actually it wasn't sacrasm. It's the kind of thing I say to myself in a hand, when I decide to raise in a situation like this, where I should be beat. It's worked out more to my advantage then disadvantage but I do this against what I consider to be "unaware" players.

You are right I don't play 2-4 so I have no idea about the players. You are the better judge of that.

jon_1van 07-20-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right I don't play 2-4 so I have no idea about the players. You are the better judge of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, was this sarcasm??