Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   20/40 PP HU vs. Stuck_Again make a desperate call? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384010)

DrGutshot 11-23-2005 01:08 PM

20/40 PP HU vs. Stuck_Again make a desperate call?

We have been playing for about a half hour 3 handed. I seem slightly overaggro at this time, and he probably hates me for 2 outering him earlier. For those of you who don't know him, he's like 40/30 when 3 handed and is too aggro postflop. What do you put him on here? Is this a busted draw often enough for me to call, or is this downswing getting to my head?

He openraises on the button (he's ~55 att.tosteal), I 3bet from the BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he calls.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet he raises I call.

Turn comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check he checks behind.

River comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check he bets...

-DrG

ihardlyknowher 11-23-2005 01:34 PM

Re: 20/40 PP HU vs. Stuck_Again make a desperate call?

If you are going to put more $ in this pot with K-high UI, I like a turn lead.

wheelz 11-23-2005 01:38 PM

doesn't seem like the type to take a free card with a draw though... does he usually? think he'd ever decide to check the turn with something like a T or a PP?

DrGutshot 11-23-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't seem like the type to take a free card with a draw though... does he usually? think he'd ever decide to check the turn with something like a T or a PP?

[/ QUOTE ]

All very relevant questions. FWIW I think he would be more likely to take a free card with a draw than he would be to check behind T/PP.

What do you think this check behind means?

-DrG

wheelz 11-23-2005 02:02 PM

it's so tough to say. i think we can agree that whether he has a big hand, draw, or not much at all, he'd usually be betting the turn. so when he throws out something strange like this, i think i'd be more inclined to believe he was trying some sort of slowplay against you by checking the turn. he's out to get you, i think that he probably bets his made hands/draws on the turn against you close to always but i can see him trying something like this with a big hand.

raising the flop then checking the turn and betting the river with a weak/nothing hand or draw just doesn't make as much sense from this guy IMO. i don't know if the pot's big enough to look him up.

kurosh 11-23-2005 02:05 PM

How would you play an ace in this situation? What range of hands had you been 3-betting PF? How often do you wait until the turn to CR? There's no way anyone can answer this without more details.

MarkL444 11-23-2005 02:06 PM

is raising just stupid here? would he ever fold a smallish pair maybe?

wheelz 11-23-2005 02:08 PM

yeah i thought all the river actions were possibilities, but i don't know if this is the kinda guy to fold for one more bet. maybe he checks the turn with those hands though