Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I can't fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398167)

aba20 12-14-2005 06:51 AM

I can\'t fold

I am a limit player picking up no limit and I suck at folding 1-pair hands. What is the best line for this hand?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

CO ($106)
Hero ($153.20)
SB ($64.30)
BB ($118.10)
UTG ($71.50)
MP ($95.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $5, MP calls $5, CO folds.

Flop: ($20.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $18</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $36</font>,

Hero????

PoBoy321 12-14-2005 06:59 AM

Re: I can\'t fold

Call, reevaluate the turn.

aba20 12-14-2005 07:06 AM

Ok Good that was what I did. Now the turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villian leads for $30. I am assuming that I am going with this now correct? But what happens if the turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead. What would your line be?

PoBoy321 12-14-2005 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Good that was what I did. Now the turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villian leads for $30. I am assuming that I am going with this now correct? But what happens if the turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] instead. What would your line be?

[/ QUOTE ]

A typical player isn't check/raising a draw on this board. He has a made hand and your question is whether he has a set or a worse 2 pair. An EP limp/call can mean a lot of things and the check/min-raise can certainly mean a set. Given stack sizes, I would push. That's a pretty scary card for a set and think of it like a semi-bluff. He can fold if he's scared of the flush and if he's not, you have 4 outs.

Also, raise more pre-flop. I would make it about $8 with all those limpers.

aba20 12-14-2005 07:12 AM

Exactly that is my question. Do we assume one pair, two pair or a set based on $30 turn bet or is this to player dependant to determine. I had no read on the villian at the time of the hand.

PoBoy321 12-14-2005 07:14 AM

I just realized, he wouldn't give you credit for a flush if he's even close to thinking. The only flush you could have would be the royal flush.

I think that villain has AT here enough to push the turn before another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes to kill your action.

aba20 12-14-2005 07:17 AM

And we are folding to a $30 turn bet if the turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

PoBoy321 12-14-2005 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And we are folding to a $30 turn bet if the turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, but I generally give my opponents a lot of credit, probably more than they deserve. Too much time playing in the UBet rock garden.

Of course, if you held the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you wouldn't.

12-14-2005 11:13 AM

Here's my take:

If he was willing to play a flush that aggressively, make a note on him. It seems to me that is more likely he wants to discourage a draw.

Villains likely holdings seem to be, AQ, AJ, AT, TT, KK, QQ, JJ, or 77.

When the turn comes the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I'm raising the turn. It's a scare card for him so it may give him pause but I don't think he's laying down a set here. Get your money in before a 4th heart hits the board.

Thoughts?

B1GF1SHY 12-14-2005 11:25 AM

How has the villian been playing? If he's semi-TAG he's most likely doing this with AT, TT or 77. I don't see him min-raising OOP, unless he has open ended flush draw. The turn sucks you in and I check/call him down.