Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Which Star Wars Character was the best? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396774)

arod15 12-12-2005 12:21 PM

Which Star Wars Character was the best?

After watching all the star wars I have come up with this list of best jedi's/sith. I wonder who was the best and what other OOT's think about this. I think Yoda is clearly the best. I think heads up nobody can beat him. He was like 500 years old, on a cane, and was still kicking ass.

Here is the list I came up with. Feel free to vote and list your reasons why you believe the character you voted for was the best warrior.

4_2_it 12-12-2005 12:22 PM

Re: Which Star Wars Character would was the best?

How do you differentiate Anakin from Darth Vader?

diebitter 12-12-2005 12:25 PM

Re: Which Star Wars Character was the best?

I like the idea

Are the typos there to silently enrage the star wars dweebs? hehehe

You should have included Darth Mawl and Qwhy-gone tho.

DoomSlice 12-12-2005 12:28 PM

Greedo (the green bounty hunter in Episode 4 that tries to kill Han solo is definately the coolest. Even cooler than Boba Fett (in the originals, not the new ones) who comes in a close second.

jakethebake 12-12-2005 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you differentiate Anakin from Darth Vader?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you really consider these the same character?

http://www.tsr.org/StarWars/characte...kywalker_3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Vader.jpg

arod15 12-12-2005 12:30 PM

When Vador was born Anakin dies. Similar to how Obi-won differentiates it..... And IMO luke was the worst of them all. He would stand no chance...

12-12-2005 12:31 PM

Admiral Oswald, from Empire Strikes Back

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

ScottieK

arod15 12-12-2005 12:32 PM

Not sure its been me thats been absent or you but good to see you back Jake....

pokerdirty 12-12-2005 12:37 PM

Who the [censored] is Darth Vadar

Vader's gay cousin?

MarkL444 12-12-2005 12:44 PM

anakin in episode 2 kinda reminds me of lebron james

Frills 12-12-2005 12:45 PM

What aboot the one armed Bad Mothafawka who was last seen flying outta teh window?

arod15 12-12-2005 12:49 PM

Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...

trying2learn 12-12-2005 12:52 PM

i'm kinda surprised after 30 votes sidious only has one. i voted vader...but sidious is the reason there ends up being a real battle between light & dark sides in the first place.

danzasmack 12-12-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...

[/ QUOTE ]

From what my uber star wars geek friends tell me he was supposed to be the best with a light saber. Before Lucas botched 3 movies.

arod15 12-12-2005 12:56 PM

Why darth vador?

Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....

imitation 12-12-2005 12:58 PM

Re: Why darth vador?

Bar Bar Jinks

wdeadwyler 12-12-2005 01:00 PM

Me and my friends had this exact same debate over Thai a few weeks ago. We didnt qualify it as the best, but rather the most powerful Jedi. Yoda is awesome, but clearly not the strongest as Emporer Palpatine p3wns him hardcore. However, transitvely, Palpatine p3wns Luke, so it cant be Luke.

So Vader kills Palpatine, so it looks like Vader is the winner? But wait, here is where the debate began.

I said Obi-Wan was the most powerful, as he trained Anakin AND Luke, killed Maul, and royally [censored] up Anakin Skywalker.

However, when Obi-Wan faught Vader in Star Wars 4, he "lost". But did he? There are two interpretaions of Obi-Wan's capitulation. A fight with Vader would be long and drawn out, and Obi-Wan had to help Luke escape ASAP, so he decided to die and use his force talk from the grave powers. If he wanted to, he could p3wn Vader just like he p3wned Anakin.

My friend countered that no one can [censored] with Vader, he has too much hate and anger, and we all know the Dark Side is more powerful. He thinks Vader woulda destroyed Obi-Wan in the Jedi duel and Obi-Wan knew this, and expidited the process so that he could aid Luke in his escape.

What do YOU think?

4_2_it 12-12-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] He pwned Sidious and gave his face the 30 second Jedi makeover. If it wasn't for the brat interfering, Mace Whodo would have eliminated the need for Parts 4-6.

swede123 12-12-2005 01:00 PM

Your thread title and your poll are two different questions. Of course the answer to the thread title question is Han Solo, and (the cliche fits for once) it's not even close.

In terms of fighting ability/jedi skills I probably would give the nod to Obi Wan. In episodes 1-3 he defeats Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin in battles to the death, and when he finally dies (kinda) it's only because he stops fighting Darth Vader.

Swede

wdeadwyler 12-12-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Obi-Wan chopped Anakin's legs off, not Vader's. This is key to the debate.

evil_twin 12-12-2005 01:02 PM

Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hands down?

Maulik 12-12-2005 01:03 PM

what about the princess?

jakethebake 12-12-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hand down?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

man 12-12-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your thread title and your poll are two different questions. Of course the answer to the thread title question is Han Solo, and (the cliche fits for once) it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it took until the 17th (?) response for someone to point this out. Han Solo blows everyone away, and doesn't even care about it.

I think yoda wins because he (1) can [censored] everyone up, and (2) understands that violence is not the answer, but uses it potently when necessary (see (1)).

diebitter 12-12-2005 01:06 PM

I picked Obi-Wan. He's obviously the talent. Yoda just has midichlorian injections, I reckon.

wdeadwyler 12-12-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hands down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anakin had much more training than Luke. Also Luke got beat by Palpatine, Vader beat Palpatine, so Vader>Luke? But Luke beats Vader too??? Hmm.

I still think its Obi-Wan

jesusarenque 12-12-2005 01:09 PM

Han Solo pwns all these guys, and then he gets the girl.

arod15 12-12-2005 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about the princess?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL are you serious?

man 12-12-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I picked Obi-Wan. He's obviously the talent. Yoda just has midichlorian injections, I reckon.

[/ QUOTE ]
but d00d he totally let his guard down and vader killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 didn't you see the movie

I also reckon that muppet yoda could kick computer generated yoda's ass pretty hard, regardless of those midi-mumbo-jumbo injections those jedis have these days.

arod15 12-12-2005 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Obi-Wan chopped Anakin's legs off, not Vader's. This is key to the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. Anakin wouldn't choke his own biotch and try to kill Obi-won his best friend. Darth Vador would. Obi-won chopped Vadors Legs off. End of discussion...

4_2_it 12-12-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but d00d he totally let his guard down and vader killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 didn't you see the movie

[/ QUOTE ]

If Vader killed him, where was the body?

imported_The Vibesman 12-12-2005 01:17 PM

No votes for Sulu?

DrSavage 12-12-2005 01:21 PM

http://www.knifton.com/images/jar%20jar/jarjar1.jpg

MonkeeMan 12-12-2005 01:22 PM

I call bait and switch on your Subject and Poll Title. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

diebitter 12-12-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Vader killed him, where was the body?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! He's so badass he doesn't need the sabre to win, and merges into the force at will! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-12-2005 01:24 PM

Anakin Skywalker (pre-lava burn) had the most raw power/potential out of any Jedi/Sith. As Qui-Gonn Jinn noticed when he met him as a young boy on Tatooine, his midi-clorian readings were higher than any Jedi's, even Yoda. Anakin was born of the Force and was thus able to mold it to his will.

Sidious noticed this early on, and followed Anakin's career, slowly corrupting him towards the Dark Side. Anakin had always been impatient, and upon realizing the full powers of the Sith, began to embrace its teachings. Anakin took out Mace Windu, an equal to Yoda in terms of lightsaber technique (see the Episode III novelization), owned Dooku (who fought Yoda to a standstill and dispatched Obi-Wan easily), and only lost to Obi-Wan because he was still getting used to his new Dark Side abilities (and Kenobi could anticipate his apprentice's moves; they had trained for years with each other). Sidious says to Yoda that "Darth Vader will be more powerful than either of us," and he certainly means it.

Plus, he took out an entire temple full of Jedi younglings.

dcasper70 12-12-2005 01:28 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40...new_hope_1.jpg

arod15 12-12-2005 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anakin Skywalker (pre-lava burn) had the most raw power/potential out of any Jedi/Sith. As Qui-Gonn Jinn noticed when he met him as a young boy on Tatooine, his midi-clorian readings were higher than any Jedi's, even Yoda. Anakin was born of the Force and was thus able to mold it to his will.

Sidious noticed this early on, and followed Anakin's career, slowly corrupting him towards the Dark Side. Anakin had always been impatient, and upon realizing the full powers of the Sith, began to embrace its teachings. Anakin took out Mace Windu, an equal to Yoda in terms of lightsaber technique (see the Episode III novelization), owned Dooku (who fought Yoda to a standstill and dispatched Obi-Wan easily), and only lost to Obi-Wan because he was still getting used to his new Dark Side abilities (and Kenobi could anticipate his apprentice's moves; they had trained for years with each other). Sidious says to Yoda that "Darth Vader will be more powerful than either of us," and he certainly means it.

Plus, he took out an entire temple full of Jedi younglings.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it could be done, I believe Anakin would crush Vader. He was money...

wdeadwyler 12-12-2005 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. Anakin wouldn't choke his own biotch and try to kill Obi-won his best friend. Darth Vador would. Obi-won chopped Vadors Legs off. End of discussion...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Anakin Skywalker as young Vader (pre-mop) im all conused about my loyalties and I still feel love, and Mature Vader (post-op) Ill force crush your larynx if you give me lip cuz thats how I roll are two different characters IMO.

swede123 12-12-2005 01:48 PM

Read my post again, folks. Obi Wan killed Darth Maul, who'd previously killed Qui-Gon Jinn, a very accomplished Jedi. He then kills General Grievous, who'd killed multiple Jedis in the past. Finally, he goes toe to toe with Anakin, at a point when Anakin had already killed tons of Younglings as well as Mace Vindu. In this fight Obi-Wan pretty much dominates Anakin. Based on all this I say Obi-Wan.

Swede