Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   flirting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333373)

gorie 09-09-2005 06:00 PM

flirting

Voltron87 09-09-2005 06:02 PM

Re: flirting

no

gorie 09-09-2005 06:03 PM

to people who say yes / maybe : is this more likely because you're just trying to get some and don't necessarily care ?

or just for the fun of it and not meaning anything ?

Jersey Nick 09-09-2005 06:05 PM

Yes, all the time. I'm in sales (read: I'm a whore).

Crveballin 09-09-2005 06:06 PM

I do it for fun even if I dont remotely think they are attractive. Its more so my personality than outright flirtation.

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:07 PM

anyone who answers yes to this is a woman.

and I dont mean they are like gay homos or something, I mean they really are women, because thats something pretty much only women do

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-09-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and I dont mean they are like gay homos or something, I mean they really are women, because thats something pretty much only women do

[/ QUOTE ]
Damned cockteasing sluts!

RacersEdge 09-09-2005 06:16 PM

I don't see the point of flirting with girls I'm not a little attracted to.

I bet OP had someone flirt with her and is trying to decide if he was attracted to her.

diebitter 09-09-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For practice!

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I bet OP had someone flirt with her and is trying to decide if he was attracted to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, OP is just woman, so she does this all the time and doesnt realize that men dont do this.

Boris 09-09-2005 06:22 PM

I answered no. did you catch your depressed out of work bf flirting with some chick?

gorie 09-09-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, OP is just woman, so she does this all the time and doesnt realize that men dont do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
no. i am not much of a flirter, i am shy.
i did post this because a guy was being extra flirty with me the other day, but it was more playful teasing and it doesn't mean anything. it just got me wondering if it means something even if it means nothing you know ?.

kyro 09-09-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i did post this because a guy was being extra flirty with me the other day, but it was more playful teasing and it doesn't mean anything. it just got me wondering if it means something even if it means nothing you know ?.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could try touching his package and see how he reacts.

gorie 09-09-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I answered no. did you catch your depressed out of work bf flirting with some chick?

[/ QUOTE ]
haha no, my bf works and he's not depressed and he loves me !

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, it meant something.

gorie 09-09-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, it meant something.

[/ QUOTE ]
but he's getting married this weekend, which is why it was weird. but it probably also explains it.

i think he was just having fun with me. i don't think he's attracted to me. it doesn't matter really.

anyway i just started wondering how often people flirt just for fun , or if that's weird.

ddubois 09-09-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.
Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.

samjjones 09-09-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It pretty much always means something.

RacersEdge 09-09-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read ze woman like ze book.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

gorie 09-09-2005 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but look at the results of this poll ? the majority is saying they flirt with people they're not attracted to. ??

lucas9000 09-09-2005 06:28 PM

sometimes, just because it can be fun.

Deftoner 09-09-2005 06:29 PM

Depends on how many shots I have had.

Also, even ugly chicks can give good head.

B Dids 09-09-2005 06:29 PM

Since I'm a massive chickenshit around girls I'm attracted to (when I'm not drinking), I tend to only flirt with girls to which I'm not attracted.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-09-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but he's getting married this weekend, which is why it was weird. but it probably also explains it.

[/ QUOTE ]
He wanted you to be his last-minute premarital screw. Was his name Matt, by the way?

RunDownHouse 09-09-2005 06:30 PM

Its not so much serious flirting, but I definitely make an effort to carry on a conversation and seem interested in that conversation even if I'm not attracted to them. It really is practicing for when I am interested. I could also understand if this practice was taken by the girl as serious flirtation.

Alobar, there's a lot of different kinds of flirting. Are you sure you aren't more focused on the cock-tease, buy-me-a-drink variety normally employed by women everywhere?

gorie 09-09-2005 06:31 PM

also maybe i don't even know what is considered flirting and what isn't. how do you know ?

it was more 'fake flirting' that is how i would describe it. but i still don't know what it really means.

Macdaddy Warsaw 09-09-2005 06:31 PM

Ehh...It can mean a lot or it can mean nothing. I flirt with any of my girl friends I am comfortable with and know I won't skeeve out by flirting with them. Sometimes it means I wouldn't mind dating you, sometimes it means "You're hot, I'd hook up with you.", and other times it's just me being like, "You are fun, but not very attractive and I don't want to date you."

Whatever, if you're getting flirted with, it's a good thing. I'll give you that much. Take it as a compliment.

Mercsgrl 09-09-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered no, and last I checked I was a woman....we could always check with Frank though.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Stef [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

peachy 09-09-2005 06:33 PM

depends on if they have something i want [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

but people say im overly friendly and what not to EVERYONE...so most say im flirty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

so basically yes....90% of the guys i "flirt" with im not interested in

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but look at the results of this poll ? the majority is saying they flirt with people they're not attracted to. ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because this forum is made up of dorks who would like to pretend they are good with the ladies. So either they are just answering "yes" because they wish they could flirt with women, or because the only women they would actually have the balls to flirt with are the ones they arent attracted to.

Guys dont flirt with women they arent attracted to because, its a waste of time, and more importantly, the last thing you want is some chick you dont want to bang (read:fat) getting the wrong idea. So if a guy is flirting with a woman, its cuz he would have sex with her given the right opportunity

RunDownHouse 09-09-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if a guy is flirting with a woman, its cuz he would have sex with her given the right opportunity

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a completely separate issue from attraction.

Macdaddy Warsaw 09-09-2005 06:35 PM

OMG! I LOVE MAKING SWEEPING STATEMENTS TOOOOOOO!

Boris 09-09-2005 06:35 PM

this guy wants to dry hump you.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-09-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG! I LOVE MAKING SWEEPING STATEMENTS TOOOOOOO!

[/ QUOTE ]
Quit acting like you're offended.

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Alobar, there's a lot of different kinds of flirting. Are you sure you aren't more focused on the cock-tease, buy-me-a-drink variety normally employed by women everywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what Im talking about, thats flirting. Just making eye contact and being friendly with someone isnt flirting, thats just called being pleasant.

Shajen 09-09-2005 06:39 PM

I only flirt with super models.

Well, if you call slinging my 14" penis around like a helicopter rotor flirting.

How big is your internet penis, Gorie?

gorie 09-09-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
that's hot. guys usually don't like me like that, though ! i think it was just having fun in my case which is cool. still, i like pretending theres a deep underlying meaning while we pretend like we're just joking around because i like when people like me.but i know the truth ! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Alobar 09-09-2005 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
that's hot. guys usually don't like me like that, though ! i think it was just having fun in my case which is cool. still, i like pretending theres a deep underlying meaning while we pretend like we're just joking around because i like when people like me.but i know the truth ! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he just sensed you have low self esteem and thought you were an easy mark

Macdaddy Warsaw 09-09-2005 06:44 PM

Heh, I'm not offended and that's not what I was trying to express. That statement was meant to read as, "The statement to which I am replying does not apply to myself."

I can flirt with a girl and it doesn't mean I want to get into her pants. I am generally annoyed by guys who are constantly trying to get into girls' pants, and to say that because I flirt with women I am one of these guys, annoys me.

So, I'm not offended, just annoyed.

Whatever, this thread of conversation is going to devolve into people calling me a dork who pretends to be good with women, but I've already been called that since I voted yes in the poll...

P.S.: What I don't understand is, posts made about sleeping/hooking up with woman are ragged on as brag posts, but then people make sweeping statements about the population of 2+2 posters as loser dorks. I just don't understand the amount machismo some posters (such as Alobar) display. It's a little ridiculous.

gorie 09-09-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe he just sensed you have low self esteem and thought you were an easy mark

[/ QUOTE ]

well, duh. i knew that already.

but does that mean guys intentionally flirt with girls they know have low self esteem just to pick on them ?