Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   A-Q off; Live 2/5 NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364266)

10-24-2005 11:09 AM

A-Q off; Live 2/5 NL

Villian in the hand has been loose pre-flop and pretty straight forward, ABC post-flop. Villian has about $350 before the hand. Hero has about $370 before the hand. Game has become fairly passive, with a lot of limping pre-flop.

Hero is on the button A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Five limpers in the pot. Cutoff raises to $20. Hero calls. SB (villian) calls, two limpers come along.

Flop ($90): 4-4-Q (rainbow).

Checked to Hero who bets $65.
SB insta-calls, all others fold.

Turn ($220): 8 Villian checks, Hero checks behind.

River ($220): J Villian bets $40.

Hero ????

Please comment on all streets. Thanks. Vince

DrPublo 10-24-2005 11:19 AM

Re: A-Q off; Live 2/5 NL

Pretty sure SB has a 4, but you can't fold here getting 6:1. Look him up.

Good check behind on the turn too.

The Doc

AceHiStation 10-24-2005 11:26 AM

How do you put him on the 4? He's ridiculously underbetting the pot. I think I probably smoothcall here as you won't get called by anything you beat, and you'll get reraised by the goods. Do you see a possibility of 88/JJ? KQ/QJ? I coldcall and expect to see KQ.
-Ace

10-24-2005 11:30 AM

from the way the hand was played, u were probably asking whether or not you should raise the river. the villain bet so little on the river that there is very little chance he has a 4 and is probably a donkish blocking bet w/ a weaker queen. but most players w/ a queen won't call a raise there so i think you should just flat call. plus, if he actually does have a donkishly played 4, u will save money.

10-24-2005 12:30 PM

Results

Hero goes into the tank. I'm almost certain villian has a 4 in his hand. The bet smelled like a value bet. I asked the villian a question I hate "If I fold will you show me?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Villian says yes. I went back into the tank and given my read and the villian's pre-flop looseness I folded. He showed me 4-5 offsuit. I was flabbergasted to see that he called a 4xBB raise out of position with 4-5o and his answer was 'Well, its my favorite hand' [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

I cashed out and went home to keep from tilting away my last $270. That's poker.

I still question if my folding to a bet that was about 20% ot the pot was weak, but I was more than 80% sure I was beat. Feel free to comment on the fold.

scdavis0 10-24-2005 12:34 PM

Re: Results

Clearly you should be playing lower stakes.

10-24-2005 12:36 PM

What are you talking about?

JihadOnTheRiver 10-24-2005 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means that this is a tremendously easy call for 1, and if you're that shocked and put on tilt because somebody showed you a 45o winner, it generally is a sign that you're over your head. Nothing to be insulted by, just the way it is.

-JOTR

durrrr 10-24-2005 12:45 PM

calling > raising > folding

scdavis0 10-24-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means that this is a tremendously easy call for 1, and if you're that shocked and put on tilt because somebody showed you a 45o winner, it generally is a sign that you're over your head. Nothing to be insulted by, just the way it is.

-JOTR

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically all that combined with his inability to calculate pot odds.