Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TP but I cant protect. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390581)

silkyslim 12-03-2005 03:15 PM

TP but I cant protect.

Every street debatable. pot is getting big i wanna know how to win it. these guys are fishies, no notes on them.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

12-03-2005 03:26 PM

Re: TP but I cant protect.

I'd probably lead the flop and hope UTG+1 blows the field away with a raise. This board is not scary.

newhizzle 12-03-2005 03:27 PM

id bet the flop, probably bet the turn, i dont know what im doing if he raises my turn bet, probably calling down

whats your plan if he raises the river here?

silkyslim 12-03-2005 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id bet the flop, probably bet the turn, i dont know what im doing if he raises my turn bet, probably calling down

whats your plan if he raises the river here?

[/ QUOTE ]
well the only way im ahead is if he has Ax, KQ, or TT and was bluffing at the pot. I dont think he will raise any of these so I would fold.

toss 12-03-2005 08:40 PM

Were you planning on checkraising the flop? I'd just bet out. UTG may raise your bet.

I'd still 3-bet after it two back to me.

ncboiler 12-03-2005 09:23 PM

About the only thing you can do it raise the turn which will only knock out the BB at best. Nice bet on the river though.

silkyslim 12-03-2005 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you planning on checkraising the flop? I'd just bet out. UTG may raise your bet.

I'd still 3-bet after it two back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
No i wasnt going to c/r. I had a brain lapse and checked to the raiser like a good little fishy. Now that i look at it its an easy flop donkbet.

lilkunta2 12-04-2005 01:13 AM

betting the flop would be the best, hoping for an early rasie. if it gets raised, i would just call but then lead out on the turn. if he raises on the turn ( or another player) i think you can fold without to much hesitation. No one would be raising a turn bet with something like QJ which is the next notch below you.

same thing if you bet the flop and don't get rasied. bet again on the turn, then if you get raised its best to fold. if no one raises you on the turn your hand is probably good.

12-04-2005 02:22 AM

Folding preflop should be a consideration. KJ to begin with is a not a strong hand. Playing it OOP? Even worse.

BWebb 12-04-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding preflop should be a consideration. KJ to begin with is a not a strong hand. Playing it OOP? Even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get 7:1 here, it is an easy call. If it was offsuit, it is an easy fold. Plus, relative position on the raiser is very good should we flop a big hand/draw.