Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The one month $2000 pre-college challenge... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304705)

07-31-2005 07:16 PM

The one month $2000 pre-college challenge...

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I just though I would throw this idea out here. I'm currently finishing up a summer program and in two weeks I will be loose with basically a month before college starts and nothing to do. So what should I do with it? Well, I suppose I could just relax and shoot the breeze until college starts, but that seems too easy. So instead I've decided I want to try to challenge myself to see if I can stay the course and show a $2000 profit starting from Party Poker NL25 tables and working my way up.

Is this possible? I'm not exactly sure. It might be a little too much, but I figure set the bar high and see what happens. I've played a fair amount of small stakes NL on various sites and shown consistent profits over 10k hands. I can four table and I think I have a game that will really help me do this. The reasoning behind this is also once college starts I just don't have time for poker. So here is a blowout that should help teach me patience and give me enough poker to satisfy myself for the next year.

My strategy is this. I am going to open an account with Party Poker because I here they have the biggest fish, get a sign up bonus, then get the reload bonus which seems like it should be due in early August. That should give me a $300 bankroll to play with and enough to get started on the NL25 tables. Then I am just going to play four-five hours a day, maybe more if possible, and push until my bankroll gets to $600, then move up to NL50, and play there until I get to $1200, then move up to the NL100 tables and get to $2000. This might be too much, but I'd like to see what happens.

I also do a lot of running because I am training to qualify in a winter marathon for the Boston Marathon next year and have a small job, which pays amazingly well, tutoring kids. So there are a couple of things cluttering my schedule, but hopefully I can work around them. Hopefully, all told, I will be able to get ~$500 in bonuses from starting my account and two-three reload bonuses and I can make the rest in profits.

I haven't really had a chance to search for any other posts like this, and sorry if this is redundant, but I can imagine people will have some helpful insight into my proposition. Also, it would be great if some other pre-college kids wanted to join in. A little competition is always nice...

So let me just put a couple fo things out there. I know I am likely not maximizing yield here, but I have heard about rakeback and I know I can get it at Party, so they might help with my profits. My question is it looks like for rakeback you have to signup through a certain website. Can I get a signup bonus and rakeback? That's probably an easy question.

Okay, well I have to go. I have to get my computer fixed and windows reinstalled before I start this journey. Let me know what you think of my plan. Reasonable? What would make it easier/more attainable? All help appreciated, and sorry this is do long.

DoomSlice 07-31-2005 07:27 PM

Re: The one month $2000 pre-college challenge...

You'll have plenty of time to play once college starts!

TheWorstPlayer 07-31-2005 10:35 PM

Go to the internet gambling forum and you will learn all about rakeback deals. I use www.raketracker.com but there might be better ones - I didn't really shop around. Best of luck. And if you can have a winning month, I'll be amazed if that is 'enough poker for the next year'. Good luck quitting, though.

Go_Blue88 07-31-2005 10:42 PM

this is very possible. i can message you my experience with this if you want...i'd post it, but i dont want to sound like im bragging as many posters here are successful.

pokerjoker 07-31-2005 10:54 PM

Sounds like a good enough plan-except for the $100 tables. I wouldn't move there so fast. The best advice I can offer you at $25 is PLAY TIGHT, no exceptions.

Bonuses count against rakeback so it won't help you with this challange since you will make a lot more from bonuses than rakeback playing low stakes.

I suggest that after you go to college you get a good rakeback program.

GL

LethalRose 07-31-2005 10:57 PM

i went from $50 to 2.2K in 4 months, so can you.

fimbulwinter 07-31-2005 11:45 PM

sounds good.

if you bonus whore hard, this should be easily attainable.

fim

-Skeme- 07-31-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i went from $50 to 2.2K in 4 months, so can you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's trying to do it within a month's time.

jonoo 08-01-2005 12:01 AM

i turned $11 into alittle over 1k in a week playing NL$25, $50, and $100. it definately possible. good luck

Swedebubba 08-01-2005 12:10 AM

I'm doing about $1200-$1500 a month on Party just at the 25NL tables and the bonuses so u should do it pretty easy. Like others say tight is right especially at the 25s