Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   not being afraid of a checkraise. (IRC discussion) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401936)

oreogod 12-20-2005 09:19 AM

not being afraid of a checkraise. (IRC discussion)

a hand being discussed on IRC.

You are on the Button in a 5 handed game. Folded to you. You raise A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A decent/good player in the BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You bet, he check-raises.

A good player here is check-raising a good amount of hands...pair, draws/semi-bluffs, sometimes just calling preflop w/ intentions to c/r any flop.

I disagree we are behind here. IF u think we are behind, thats fine give me your line. But if u disagree with me, what lines are your taking.

Danenania 12-20-2005 09:27 AM

Re: not being afraid of a checkraise. (IRC discussion)

I fold immediately. Can't see many feasible draws--just 98. He's not going to be taking random shots at you or c/ring weak if he's decent. A flop like this plasters your pf raising range. He's always betting the turn and I'm certainly not calling without an Ace or 5. I don't like my odds for those considering how tainted they are, so I fold the flop.

flawless_victory 12-20-2005 09:39 AM

im gonna make a great contribution to this thread but ill just say i would muck that sh.t immediately.

baronzeus 12-20-2005 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

RunDownHouse 12-20-2005 10:09 AM

It was Trix or Spydog or imitation or stripsqueez or someone that said they put a post-it note next to their monitor which read, "People are not taking shots at me."

I fold this right away.

Poldi 12-20-2005 10:16 AM

Slightly ahead or way behind -> easy muck

waffle 12-20-2005 10:27 AM

i was the ok player and i had K9s, a gutshot.

but i think the 'way behind or slightly ahead' argument is right.

Danenania 12-20-2005 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"People are not taking shots at me."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Unless it's friday or saturday night."

intensify1 12-20-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"People are not taking shots at me."

[/ QUOTE ]

"Unless it's friday or saturday night."

[/ QUOTE ]
Very true. I actually have 2 desk chairs I use while playing. 1 for Sunday thru Thursday and the other, which has a big d!ck sewn in the seat of it, so I know right out of the gate I am going to get screwed on those nights.

12-20-2005 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very true. I actually have 2 desk chairs I use while playing. 1 for Sunday thru Thursday and the other, which has a big d!ck sewn in the seat of it, so I know right out of the gate I am going to get screwed on those nights.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, patent that, add in a bio feedback vibration mechanism, and you might make poker a hit with the female audience...

Oh, and I fold to the check raise as well.